Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just one chocolate chip cookie!

Sometimes, that’s all you need.

1 T unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled

1 T light brown sugar

1 T granulated sugar

1.5 t milk

3 T flour

Pinch baking soda

Pinch baking powder

Pinch fine salt

2 T dark chocolate chips

Optional - 1 T nuts (your choice what kind - I prefer walnut, usually).

Preheat oven to 350.  Toaster oven is fine. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Combine butter and the two sugars in a bowl. Stir with a spatula until combined.  Add milk and stir until creamy.

Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Mix until a soft (but not sticky) dough forms.  

Add the chocolate (and nuts, if you want), stir to combine.  Add a bit more flour if too sticky.

Shape dough into a ball and place in the center of the baking sheet. For thicker. chewier cookie, put dough ball in freezer for 5-10 min

Bake for 16-20 min/until golden brown around the edges - towards the longer end of the time if you chilled it.

Let cool on pan for as long as you can stand it.

😎

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago I got a pass to NAMM from Moog Music.  I wanted to express my gratitude, so I asked mom to make a batch of her famous chocolate chip brownies (wish I had the recipe).

On day one of the show I had to stand in line to get my badge.  The line started outside and I'm holding the brownies in a box, and they're covered over.  By the time my position in the line was inside, the morning sun had warmed up the brownies.  People in the line noticed the aroma of fresh baked chocolate chip brownies.  They figured out they were coming from the box I was holding and they said "What do you have in there, fella?  They smell good!"

I knew if I uttered the word "brownies" that I would have a mob on my hands.  So I replied "They are a gift for my host at the show."

I avoided a riot that day.