Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where is BX Oberhausen

Glad you figured it out. I got bx_oberhausen as a free plugin on one of PA’s one-off flash discounts a while back. Definitely one of my favorite software synths - I like how real it sounds.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

A friend recently tipped me off about good discounts for the Plugin Alliance synths and he recommended the Oberhausen and Knifonium. I purchased them two days ago for $30 each which is a great price. I tested mainly the Knifonium since it's a model of a tube synth and I really love it, it may find a lot of usage in my stuff. I haven't yet tested the Oberhausen and I already have the Arturia V collection but from what I hear on demos the Oberhausen is better than the Arturia SEM, so I thought for $30 it's worth it having yet another SEM emulation.

6 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

Glad you figured it out. I got bx_oberhausen as a free plugin on one of PA’s one-off flash discounts a while back. Definitely one of my favorite software synths - I like how real it sounds.

Same here.

But did you manage to activate MIDI program changes in bx oberhausen ?

In opposite to some other VST3 plugins, where a to MIDI program change commands responding "MIDI bank" can be filled w/ patches, I don´t see any option for bx oberhausen.

:classic_mellow:

A.C.

It's definitely a unique sounding synth. It's got a midrange presence that my other stuff doesn't have, so it could definitely pop out nicely in a mix. I know they're copying the original unit, but having a a dedicated release stag on the envelopes would make it a lot more flexible. And the built-in reverb is AWFUL.

I have it, stand alone. I've doinked about with it a bit, nice addition. 

Just did the classic "keep an eye on Plugin Alliance and buy when it's cheap" strategy. Lots of bargains out there for the patient plugin surfer. 

IK will do more or less the same thing fairly often as well and there are many others. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

18 hours ago, Al Coda said:

Same here.

But did you manage to activate MIDI program changes in bx oberhausen ?

In opposite to some other VST3 plugins, where a to MIDI program change commands responding "MIDI bank" can be filled w/ patches, I don´t see any option for bx oberhausen.

:classic_mellow:

A.C.

Never tried doing that. If I'm recording I just make a separate instance if I need a patch change, or if it's too CPU intensive to have too many instances I'll just render them to audio. Since I don't gig with a laptop rig I haven't had any other need for program changes and softsynths in general either.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

6 hours ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

Since I don't gig with a laptop rig I haven't had any other need for program changes and softsynths in general either

Different demands.

I wanna treat software like hardware,- the software replacing a piece of hardware,- as also I don´t want to load a new "project" for every tune to perform.

But that´s only ME.

☺️

A.C.

• Like 1