Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ipad Sequencer

smanzella

Please forgive me if this has been asked. I did a search but cannot find much. I am looking for a sequencer app for the iPad that can send and receive MIDI to and from external keyboards, specifically a Yamaha MODX. The sequencer needs to have a piano roll editor, at least 480 ppq, the "standard" editing features and should be actively developed. Audio recording is not needed but is fine if it happens to be included with whatever app I decide on. Thanks you all in advance for your recommendations.

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mee too, cannot use the MODX sequencer without a proper piano roll editor (i am probably not good enough :).

In a similar discussion, somebody talked about Garage Band. Not yet tried :)

Maurizio 

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me

Cubasis has it (I own V2). It's on V3 now, but from  screenshots the piano roll is there and it looks like it's better.    You can export project to the desktop Cubase.  

I used it sporadically. There were bug reports when V3 came out, but the reviews are much better now.     

Steinberg seems to be active on user feedback.  

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Sunvox will record any and all MIDI.  It's a mature app, stable, and probably the powerful MIDI sequencer on IOS.  It does require getting used to its UI though.

Xequence might be worth a look as it has a more traditional (piano roll) look and its developer is responsive - at least on the Audiobus forum.