Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tri-tone substitution

1 hour ago, JamPro said:

I feel ya MD.  Discussing music theory with a pretty party-girl has never even gotten me a kiss.  (And wudenchaknoit: hasn't helped my relationships with guitar players either.)

Plenty of pretty party-girl guitar players out there, but I wouldn't book a lesson with one.

EDIT: I wouldn't book a music lesson with one.

Cheers, Mike.

He would achieve an even better effect with something like, "See, when you detune two oscillators, you get beating, but if the oscillators are digital, they always beat at the same speed, so you better use a random LFO to modulate the pitch of one of the oscillators..."

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/26/2022 at 11:23 PM, marino said:

He would achieve an even better effect with something like, "See, when you detune two oscillators, you get beating, but if the oscillators are digital, they always beat at the same speed, so you better use a random LFO to modulate the pitch of one of the oscillators..."

I've always used this approach with girls.......🤪

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

That same look can be elicited from ANY woman if anyone starts trying to explain anything from Marvel.

That presupposes her not being dressed like a Guardian of the Galaxy. :D

Lab Mode splits between contemplative work and furious experiments.
Both of which require you to stay the hell away from everyone else.
This is a feature, not a bug.
Kraftwerk’s studio lab, Kling Klang,
 didn’t even have a working phone in it.
       ~ Warren Ellis

On 8/26/2022 at 10:23 PM, marino said:

"... that said, if I promise never to mention a synthesizer again and instead ask you about your hobbies and where you'd like to eat next weekend, may we dispense with my techno-blarney so I can see what kind of smiles you have?" Actually, this one works. :hugegrin:

Lab Mode splits between contemplative work and furious experiments.
Both of which require you to stay the hell away from everyone else.
This is a feature, not a bug.
Kraftwerk’s studio lab, Kling Klang,
 didn’t even have a working phone in it.
       ~ Warren Ellis

7 hours ago, lightbg said:

I've always used this approach with girls.......🤪

About 20 years ago, my girlfriend actually asked me (seriously, and during a vacation, of all things) to explain how a synthesizer works to her. I guess that seeing me so involved with that stuff, she just got curious. So I set a time limit to myself - half an hour - and attempted to explain the basics in a harmful, entertaining way, while we were walking beside a beautiful lake. She withstood the whole sermon stoically, then smiled, said "thank you", and never mentioned a synthesizer again for the two further years of our relationship. True story

EDIT - At least, she seemed to love hearing me play the piano... (umphh, is that correct English?!) :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2