Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg M3 - touchscreen misalignment issue - anyone here know much about it?

Just got offered a cheap Korg M3, but apparently has this touchscreen issue, as advised by the seller - I've not personally seen it.....top half touch functions align ok, but lower third need to be pressed a little below the actual tab on the screen. So of course the lower down you go the worse it gets, to a point where you run out of screen to tap.

Is anyone here familiar with this, and more importantly is there a fix? (if not, that's probs why it is so cheap!)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Hi there. 
Former owner of an M3 for about 12 years. 
The touchscreen issue is a common problem and happened to me about 4- 5 years after buying it new. Recalibrating works initially but eventually the thing stops working. Apparently the only way to fix it is to change the screen completely. After that fix I never again had an issue. Loved that synth and still miss it, especially with the Radias expansion. 
Check the screen replacement cost on eBay and do the math. Some videos about it YT as well. Good luck! 
Guillermo. 

• Like 1

Memo

Roland Fantom 6/Px-5S/Hydrasynth/DX7IIE!

MBP/Logic/Mainstage/Omnisphere/Native/Arturia

Roland Pk-5A

When I bought mine secondhand I factored in the cost of a new screen because having to replace the screen is quite common but fairly straight forward, and yes definitely check youtube videos on how to do it right.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

There are plenty of screens on eBay and instruction videos on YouTube

I seem to remember the trickiest part was sourcing the narrow double sided tape for securing the screen.
Check the videos first to see what's involved and then take the replacement slow and steady.  I think it took about 45 minutes and it totally transforms the usability of the instrument.  Good luck.

• Like 1