Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone near Grand Junction CO that wants to rent a Montage on Aug 20th?

Sorry for this obnoxious and incredibly specific ask. I'll be there for a corporate gig and they can't find one. Yes I KNOW I should have the whole set done on Mainstage, especially for a travel gig. The time is probably here for that TBH. But we don't travel too much and I've been able to backline a Montage 7 everywhere else we've gone.

Anyway, let me know if there is any hope.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

if you have a good flightcase, taking it with is not as expensive as you might think. I traveled with my Fantom from Europe to Africa to America, and the cost was never more than $150, maybe <$200 from Amsterdam to LA. 

Of course, it eats into your wages, but it may be more cost-effective than spending several hours or days programming everything into Mainstage (or equivalent).

Also worth noting that a MODX is 100% compatible with Montage, so if they could source one of those, you could load in an image of your instrument and make do.

Alternatively, I've found on flyaways that just about everybody and their momma have a Motif XS/XF. I remember you had one of those? If you still do, you could take an image of your instrument and load that into the rental.

Good luck.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Have you tried the area Guitar Center(s)?  I know backline companies are obvious first call but have occasionally called  GC on some stuff.  Speaking of backline, any of the neighboring states bigger ones (e.g SIR)  might be worth a shot.

• Like 1

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

2 hours ago, zephonic said:

Alternatively, I've found on flyaways that just about everybody and their momma have a Motif XS/XF. I remember you had one of those? If you still do, you could take an image of your instrument and load that into the rental.

That's what I might end up doing though I'd still have loads of programming to do.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native