Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question on Roland Cloud

Their sale is nearing its end & I'm still tempted. Question about their "periodic accessing our server to authenticate" process. My gig DAW is rarely on the internet (& wifi is usually disabled). If I buy a year subscription will they still be trying to authenticate at random times... like when I'm on stage trying to use the thing? Same thing on any synths with a lifetime key?

thanks,

greg 

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be online to initially authenticate the instruments, but after that you have thirty days before you need to be online again.

$199 to have access to everything for the year and keep two permanent licenses is tempting for sure.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

13 minutes ago, ElmerJFudd said:

You have to be online to initially authenticate the instruments, but after that you have thirty days before you need to be online again.

So can I control this myself? As in set my calendar to remind me to log in on the 1st of each month, authenticate and then move on? 

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

15 minutes ago, mcgoo said:

So can I control this myself? As in set my calendar to remind me to log in on the 1st of each month, authenticate and then move on? 

That sounds right to me. If you find there are specific instruments you tend to use all the time and others you don’t at all, you can always get permanent licenses post test drive.   You’ll have two to choose from as part of the deal.  

“In normal circumstances, being logged in to Roland Cloud Manager will be sufficient. If an instrument is saying "Not Authorized" follow the steps below:

In the plug-in UI, click on the “Options” button.

Select “Authentication” from the drop-down menu.

Enter your Roland Account email and password.

Click Submit.”

https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412198096667-Roland-Cloud-How-do-I-authenticate-the-instruments-

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560