Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

July GAS options…

dalpozlead

Decided to substitute my current Controller (CP33, using to play VSTs and other hardware synths through USB/MIDI), as the lack of joystick and keyboard action is preventing me to be happy when playing synth patches…)

Have my eyes on good deals on a Juno Stage and a Krome (76 and 73 notes respectively).

Im not buying for the sounds but for the keyboard action, +70 keys and joystick…  I know Juno’s action is better compared to Krome’s and construction is sturdier…

On the other side Krome is potentially more reliable and has the “6 complete octaves” instead of the Juno with keys beginning in E (wich Im not a fan of).

Ohh God! What should I do?!! :-)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know why anyone would believe one of these keyboards  is "potentially more reliable" than the other. Maybe you could share where you got this information?

As for me, I prefer the low "E" being the bottom key, having grown up playing a Rhodes 73.

Different strokes for different folks, right? Flip a coin? :idk:

:nopity:

50 minutes ago, dalpozlead said:

Good point… as “more reliable” I mean that Krome apparently should have easier tech support compred to the Juno Stage (right?).

Are you still in Brazil?   Korg support is abismal with Pride Music (Korg Representative).  Roland is present here (no rep) and offers much better tech support from my experience.  

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

You use a CP33 for its action I presume… and you intend to keep it for playing acoustic and electric pianos, yes?  

You want a synth or controller that has a nice semi weight synth action, pitch and mod to play VST/AU?   any desire for after touch?  

Maybe something like the Nektar Panorama P6.   

Roland used to put some nice actions on some of  their sub $2k synths.  So, yeah something like an XP-80 or even the D-50 I remember having a nice feeling action.  Roland made controllers too, like the A70.  These are getting older now.  So you can probably find some in good condition for under $800.  Just be sure to give it a good test that every key is behaving well. 

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

1 hour ago, Rod S said:

Are you still in Brazil?   Korg support is abismal with Pride Music (Korg Representative).  Roland is present here (no rep) and offers much better tech support from my experience.  

Yeap, in Sao Paulo-Brazil... you are right about Korg's support around here..., My experience with Roland was much better.

1 hour ago, ElmerJFudd said:

You use a CP33 for its action I presume… and you intend to keep it for playing acoustic and electric pianos, yes?  

You want a synth or controller that has a nice semi weight synth action, pitch and mod to play VST/AU?   any desire for after touch?  

Maybe something like the Nektar Panorama P6.   

Roland used to put some nice actions on some of  their sub $2k synths.  So, yeah something like an XP-80 or even the D-50 I remember having a nice feeling action.  Roland made controllers too, like the A70.  These are getting older now.  So you can probably find some in good condition for under $800.  Just be sure to give it a good test that every key is behaving well. 

I'm willing to sell my CP33 (to hard action for me), my plan is to focus on synth solutions now and save money for a more robust and enduring gear to cover the 8 note spectrum (like a CP88 or Roland's board).

My dream solution here would be a Roland A50... very hard to find, but covers all of my needs with 76 note, synth action, and both wheels and stick.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoken6 said:

If action is important, that rules out the Krome immediately. Juno Stage action is OK. How about an Alesis QS7/QS7.1 (if you can tolerate the low E)? 

Cheers, Mike.

yeah... I'm really leaning towards the Juno Stage.... 

Unfortunately Alesis have the wheels on top of the keys, which I don't like much... 

IMO, the Juno Stage would be the best buy.  While the sounds may not be needed, they could come in handy at some point too. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"