Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Stratus: opinions/experiences?

One of these came up locally recently. Initially priced at $1,950 CAD OBO, it's now reduced to $1,250 CAD OBO. From the pictures, it looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm supposed to go try it out, but just curious if anyone here has owned/played one. I already own a Juno-106, so I don't have a huge need for a two-oscillator DCO synth from the 80s, but I'm intrigued by online mentions of CEM chips that supposedly were also used in Jupiters and Oberheims. Anyone have any opinions or experiences? I feel like I probably won't want to spend over $1,000 on this thing even if it does sound great, so it may simply come down to how much more they're willing to budge on price.

(Although *galaxy brain*, maybe I should just sell high on my Juno and replace it with this... and pocket the sizable difference.)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Crumar Stratus new in the early eighties. Had it for a short time then brought it back to the store and got a Korg PolySix instead. The Stratus seemed to be kind of a synth/organ hybrid along the lines of a Moog Opus that I never considered to be a true synth. You can get something new and better today for less money.