Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reverb pedal for Kronos pianos

Looking for suggestions for reverb pedal for Kronos acoustic pianos.  I love my Kronos but find the grand pianos rather unimpressive.  I'm looking to add a reverb pedal for atmospheric slow playing in worship settings.  Would not hurt if it also had delay function.

Thanks!

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

As a Kronos owner, I largely share your opinion of the Kronos pianos, but I've never found the reverb lacking. Are you finding the on-board reverbs in the Kronos insufficient? Also, beyond the scope of your question, but the Kronos pianos benefit considerably from being played in stereo.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I use the on board O-Verb.  But I’m fond of the Hardwire RV-7 reverb pedal. It’s lexicon reverb.   It’s out of production but was a reasonably priced stomp box. 

ps - disregard unless you get lucky. The reverb prices on these are ignorant now.  

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

For half the price of a cheap reverb stomp box I would attempt to check out Epic Grand from K Sounds. But that is just me. 

• Like 1

I've found that with O-verb and creative use of 7 band eq and slight compression that the stock pianos come to life.  For worship stuff, I'd also recommend taking that one step further and creating a combi with the above parameters but adding a soft pad along with either the lovers guitar or a bellish suitcase fender very low in the mix for a bit of texture.  I found a new love for the onboard pianos that way and they cut through the mix very nicely.  +1 on stereo making a difference

• Like 1

Voyager, A Tribute to the Music of Journey - http:// www.facebook.com/voyageraz

Keys: Korg KronosX 88, M Audio Code 61, Novation Launchkey, Mainstage, Keyscape, Omnisphere

19 hours ago, CEB said:

For half the price of a cheap reverb stomp box I would attempt to check out Epic Grand from K Sounds. But that is just me. 

I've been using the Epic Grand in my Kronos 88 for around ten years. I run my rig in mono (which is a large proportion of the "problem" with the Kronos pianos, IMO) so I was attracted to the dedicated mono patch among the Epic Grand programs. It's much better than the stock Kronos pianos (again, IMO), but a distant second when ranked against Yamaha or Nord.

• Like 1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

7 hours ago, MrVegas said:

That Epic Grand looks nice

You’ll still need to add some reverb, if that’s your thing. The Epic Grand is a close-miked sample (Yamaha C7) with very little room ambiance. I don’t care for much reverb on my piano programs; I prefer to let the room take care of that.

- George Bernard Shaw

5 hours ago, TJ Cornish said:

You don’t need a stomp box with any keyboard.

Clavinets beg to differ :)

• Like 1

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

I sonically like my pianos. The RH-3 is a bit of a disappointment but my pianos are good aggressive sit in loud ass mix pianos.  Which means they are not particularly pleasing alone.  But they work.  It took me a lot of hours to get them there.  But I’m what my wife calls OCD. I realized this recently when I agreed to do a blues project and took my old S90XS to the practice place.  The Kronos pianos are better than my old S90XS pianos.  

838F1422-935F-4DA3-9BBD-4898FB326769.jpeg

16 hours ago, Noah DC said:

Kind of a drag to spend $4k on a digital piano and not like the pianos…

I wouldn’t categorize Kronos as a digital piano, but yeah —that’s a topic for a pretty good rant thread.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:20 AM, Moonglow said:

I've been using the Epic Grand in my Kronos 88 for around ten years. I run my rig in mono (which is a large proportion of the "problem" with the Kronos pianos, IMO) so I was attracted to the dedicated mono patch among the Epic Grand programs. It's much better than the stock Kronos pianos (again, IMO), but a distant second when ranked against Yamaha or Nord.

I bought Acoustic Samples C7 bundle for Kronos by Purgatory Creek. Velocity has a lot to do with how it sounds, and there are some fairly deep adjustments you can do on it as well.

Here for the gear.