Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jacob Collier at House of Blues a few nights ago - hooting and hollering

I was happy to get to see and hear Jacob in concert.  I seemed to be the rare aging boomer (68 years) in a sea of millennials.  He performed with a band of hand picked musicians.    What annoyed me was that pretty much every time Jacob played (or sang)  something musically adventurous - an ad libbed piano fill - or vocal riffing - etc.....a significant number of folks would shout  "yeah"  or "whoo"  in approval.  And when doing this, they covered up and obscured the musical idea they were hooting about.  

The sound reinforcement was adequate,  but unable to overcome the noise in close proximity to my ears.  The folks in attendance were Collier nerds.  They were huge fans.  I think their enthusiasm exceeded their good sense.  I think my concert days are past - at least these sorts of concerts. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Strays Dave said:

What annoyed me was that pretty much every time Jacob played (or sang)  something musically adventurous - an ad libbed piano fill - or vocal riffing - etc.....a significant number of folks would shout  "yeah"  or "whoo"  in approval.  And when doing this, they covered up and obscured the musical idea they were hooting about.  

This is unfortunately all too common anymore. I saw Tedeshi Trucks Band 5 times 2 months ago (they did a 6 night residency in DC). Happened all evening at every one of the shows. 

:nopity: