Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Software Deals

Just read on vi-control (from the main Cinesamples dev) that the coming soon libraries would be in Musio 1.  Gah, more temptation!  

I'm normally not a subscription guy, at all...but 99 bucks a year (paid up front) to get past and future, it would take 3 years even at the sale price of Musio 1 to break even with that.   I'm paying more than that on my damn world of warcraft account that I'm about to suspend because I'm not using it right now.  And in kicks the rationalization--I'm "saving money" by moving that over to a different, cheaper subscription!  Of course you can't look it like you are putting money back in your pocket, booo.   Here's another one my brain likes: it's the price of one six-pack of beer a month (with today's prices), so it's good for me as I'll be drinking a bit less :D 

I'll probably hold off and see if I can get into the habit of doing more writing, without that happening none of these plugins are worth a penny.  Too much life stuff getting me down lately.

Does anyone know if Pianoteq ever goes on sale? Black Friday etc? Looking to pick it up but can wait. 

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Arturia's black Friday sale, 50% off flagship software

Clonkety Clonk

If you've already got some Arturia stuff, the discount is even greater, at least for me.  Pigments for $49?  I think I might...

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Staying strong so far on stuff I truly don't need--UAD bundle, Arturia, Cinesamples--but I am going to pick up Soniccouture's Sun Drums.   Half off (as is all their stuff right now), and because I own Moon Kits there is an additional crossgrade that knocks off $30 from the sale price.  I don't have good drums that really sound like that (tight, funky) and anything SC does is high quality.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stokely said:

Staying strong so far on stuff I truly don't need--UAD bundle, Arturia, Cinesamples--but I am going to pick up Soniccouture's Sun Drums.   Half off (as is all their stuff right now), and because I own Moon Kits there is an additional crossgrade that knocks off $30 from the sale price.  I don't have good drums that really sound like that (tight, funky) and anything SC does is high quality.

+1 That's a sweet deal. What's the microphone complement like in actual use in Moon Kits? (rooms, overheads, bleed, etc). Good for atmosphere or do you have to do some reverb processing?

I'd have to fire it up on my non-work computer to check.  I sadly haven't used it much just yet--got it as part of a bundle sale SC did.  From memory it has quite a range of ambience but I'm not sure that is from room sound or possibly built-in fx.   The couple times I have used it in a track I've gone for more of a dry sound.

I prefer to have the kontakt library drums come out to separate logic channels like the Logic producer kits do automatically--and I always have to look up how to do that--so adding verb wouldn't be a problem.   My "standard" drums will probably be NI's Studio Drummer moving forward, I think they sound great.   Again not sure if Moon kits comes with actual room mic recordings (as the Logic kits have, I just wish they sounded a bit better in the first place....)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KeyMoe said:

Does anyone know if Pianoteq ever goes on sale? Black Friday etc? Looking to pick it up but can wait. 

Not sure. Clouded the future is. They had a 20% off sale in August. They had a 25% off sale last November through JRRShop IIRC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tusker said:

Not sure. Clouded the future is. They had a 20% off sale in August. They had a 25% off sale last November through JRRShop IIRC.

Thanks!!

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

21 minutes ago, bill5 said:

Thanks - I don't have either. :)  It was more of a general dislike of the UI I think, and that the only thing it really bought you over 6 was the scalable thing, which would be nice, but not worth $99 to me.

Make sure you fully log into the NI site - my upgrade from 6 to 7  was only $49.00.    Much of the content in the stock library (which I've never really explored...)  has been upgraded, and expanded.    Wasn't earth-shattering, but actually some nice stuff in there.   I was mainly happy to have it not crash Logic so much, and  also use less resources in Mainstage.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Sorry, $49. I will blame my typing over my brain. :) (cuz yknow, the 4 is so close to the 9....) Still leery if all it really buys me is scalability. And you're right, much of the stock stuff (esp the "Factory" stuff) is IMO is considerably underrated, not unlike how stock stuff that comes with DAWs is. Human nature, I guess...we see it as a "throw in" so how good could it be? doh!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CyberGene said:

Just discovered that deal and very tempted too.

Anyone having the collection, is it worth it?

I do have a real Triton Rack and a Wavestation A/D... Just to have those sounds, including all Triton extensions, makes the bundle interesting. And then add 12 more instruments 😃

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CyberGene said:

Just discovered that deal and very tempted too.

Anyone having the collection, is it worth it?

Yes.  I've got it, and while someone mentioned the Full Bucket plugins, those are great, but the only one that's a duplicate of what KC4 has is the MonoPoly.

Everything in KC4 sounds great.  I'm quite fond of the M1, Triton, Wavestation, Prophecy, and the MiniKorg.

• Like 1

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Most if not all u-he plugins are on sale at multiple spots.  Plugin Boutique is one.  I'm internally debating Bazille, which sounds both amazing and different from my other synths, but I'm not sure I want to learn how to program the thing!  :)   

Repro and Diva are my favorite and most-used synths, and this is the best sale on them I've seen.

• Wow! 1

10 hours ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

I do have a real Triton Rack and a Wavestation A/D... Just to have those sounds, including all Triton extensions, makes the bundle interesting. And then add 12 more instruments 😃

Me too.   I've owned and regretfully sold many synths over the years- a lot of Korg stuff.  So for me it's great being able to get sounds back.  Still have Triton, Wavestation and M1 hardware.   I got the Korg Collection back when it was just 3 synths.  -  I think it's a great collection. 

They've never really given any great loyalty discounts and the prices are never hugely discounted. So grab it while you can.   I've gotten better upgrade paths using the coupons they include with some of the M-Audio or  Novation stuff, so see if you have any of those.      If you want some of the Digi- 90's stuff it's superb.    The Arp Odyssey  is very good,  still has some UI issues on my set up with the FX pages.  But great presets.     I constantly use Wavestation  and Triton  live (Mainstage) and  in the studio most, and confirm they  actually sound better than the real thing.   The UI on the Poly-Six is still too small.  I've been surprised how much I've ended using the Mono-Poly.   The Prophecy is pretty cool, wasn't a synth actually played before.   Mini-korg was my very first synth (also stupidly sold...) it's fun, perfect for  Greg Hawkes early Cars sounds.  MS20 is good too. 

As to Full-Bucket-  I like most of their synths.  They really do much better with some of the early Korg string stuff and drum machines.  But he also did a great job with one of Korg's sleeper Fm/Hybrid synths: the DW8000.  Used one of those to death in the old days, and always regretted selling it.  I got misty hearing some of those sounds again., like an seeing an old friend.   Played Deltas and Tridents many times with backline long ago, and he really nailed those  too.  

He's too kind to offer them free.    I've donated to the guy, he's doing wonderful stuff. - and out of left field,  he just came out with an Arp Omni -   The string synth always  lusted for but couldn't afford back in the day.  I wore out the Evatone demo soundsheet record  that came in Keyboard mag- remember those???

On 11/14/2023 at 10:37 AM, KeyMoe said:

Historically, they've often offer just the add-ons at discount only.  That's the only time I've ever bought them, otherwise a little pricey otherwise. . Sweetwater will usually have them for instant  download, and  sometimes cheaper than on Modartt's site. . Modartt will also do some discounted upgrade paths between the standard- pro etc.  Been with them since V1- and upgrades between versions have always been very reasonable. 

• Like 1

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.