Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DEAL ALERT: New G&L 'Tele' $269

23 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

NICE guitar!!! Huge bang for the buck on that one, thanks for sharing. 

Sadly, the wallet says "NO!!!" I'd like to have one all the same...

I mos DEF KN0O0O0OW whatcha mean... !

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

So excited that it took me 3 attempts to get my email and password right to sign in. Thank you Caevan. This is the EXACT G&L Telecaster I have been wanting. It cost about $300. because of shipping, should be here soon.

I will probably sell my Squier Strat to make up part of the cost.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Jennifer S.

11 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

So excited that it took me 3 attempts to get my email and password right to sign in. Thank you Caevan. This is the EXACT G&L Telecaster I have been wanting. It cost about $300. because of shipping, should be here soon.

Awesome, please let us know how awesome it is. 

It's been my experience that the G&L imports deliver the smackdown to the Squiers and the Squiers are nice guitars!

I sold an ASAT Tribute used for a bit more than they are asking for this guitar new. It was a great Tele beyond any doubt. 

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

16 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Congratulations! I am so glad for you, Jenny! I hope that it exceeds your expectations in every way!

Have it set-up with some DR Pure Blues 10's. :cool: :thu: Run it through your compressor- Tele-types and compressor-pedals usually get on extremely well, there's something in the way their bold, aggressive, assertive attack and single-coil 'envelope' interacts with the compressor that can just be 'magic', in a way that's hard to describe or further explain while being clear to experience as the player.

I do hope that you can keep from selling that beautiful Strat of yours, though!! That'd be a really good pair of guitars to have- sure, they overlap some in tone and character and styles they cover well, but they have their definite differences and strengths, as well.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

I'm not selling my Deluxe Player Stat, it's a Squier I might sell. I don't really have to sell, I have enough money. 

Which means you will have a Strat and a Tele even if you do sell and you can price the Squire fairly and wait for somebody to pay that price. 

I have a Franken Strat (will build another soon,have the parts), a Franken Tele and a baritone Tele, love Fender designs.

Someday soon I need to dig into my Gibson ES-335 Studio (86 with ebony fretboard( and find the wiring flaw. That's a great guitar too and different than the Strats/Teles. 

Besides friends/family, guitars are the best thing ever! 😇

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

I'm not selling my Deluxe Player Stat, it's a Squier I might sell. I don't really have to sell, I have enough money. 

Oh, good!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, surfergirl said:

It arrived yesterday, my Grandpa did the setup this morning.

That's great! I love that your Grandpa did the setup on it for you.

I feel like a matchmaker or somethin'... :D 

Enjoy that guitar! I'm sure it's found a good home! :thu: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome! Be careful though, if you are like me you will start wanting maple fretboards on ALL of your Fender style guitars.

You probably know this but G&L stands for George (Fullerton) and Leo (Fender). George and Leo worked together in an earlier iteration of Fender.

And if anybody can produce a Tele with pride, it's G&L, I really like their Teles. 

Enjoy!!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Awesome! Be careful though, if you are like me you will start wanting maple fretboards on ALL of your Fender style guitars.

:o Once she tries Open-G Tuning on that toboggan, she's doomed... :rawk:  :crazy:  ;) :D

nNzySnP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Maple fret-boards are my favorite, no danger surfergirl that is a goooood desire. I also loved ebony fretboards, never liked rosewood except for my Ibanez RG321, they somehow smoothed out the rough surface and put jumbo frets on the 321. And of course ebony is no longer legal to import, so that is now out. So it is maple for me from now on.

• Like 1

Congrats SurferGirl!  She's a good looker and I'll bet she sounds great too!  Grandpa doing the setup is very cool.  Now you can get some very cool Fender sounds with a wide variety of pickup selections by having a Strat and a Tele.  Let us know how she sounds and feels plugged in!  G&L is a great choice and you got yours at a great price!  😎👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

1 hour ago, Larryz said:

Now you can get some very cool Fender sounds with a wide variety of pickup selections by having a Strat and a Tele.  Let us know how she sounds and feels plugged in!  G&L is a great choice and you got yours at a great price!  😎👍

Indeed. Don't forget, surfergirl, all the cool overdriven, distorted, and fuzzed sounds that the likes of Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and Keith Richards got with Teles, as well... Not that you would, 's just that so many people immediately think of clean and Country stuff with Teles...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Indeed. Don't forget, surfergirl, all the cool overdriven, distorted, and fuzzed sounds that the likes of Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and Keith Richards got with Teles, as well... Not that you would, 's just that so many people immediately think of clean and Country stuff with Teles...

True Dat!

I've been shredding on Teles for decades, whether anybody likes it or not, I saw a scientifical testification showing that a Tele will out-sustain a Les Paul and I believe it is true. I know you could use a Tele to smash up a few Les Pauls (headstock is the weak point, in case you want to try this!!! 🤣) and you could probably just tune the Tele and gig with it afterwards, battle scars and all. 

Let's toss Steve Morse from the Dixie Dregs / Dregs into the Tele shredder lexicon. I saw them twice, he played a boogered Tele and made it sing, scream, chirp, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

It will take a while to see where I will use this. I've never played anything but a Strat until now. I've, also, never played a humbucker, this a humbucker in the neck and single coil in the bridge. So a lot new to me. 

I predict that you'll use it all over the place, and that your Strat will be sharing you with your ASAT. And you'll also like that humbucker.

Your new ASAT is probably very much like one that I used in a store years ago to test-drive an Orange amp and cab (that I should have bought!!); it was great for everything I played, using the volume-knob to "play the amp" with the amp cranked up LOUD- rolling-back the ASAT's volume-knob for clean, clean tones, then back up for clean-ish, mean, meaner, and screamer, with perfect Country, Classic Rock and Hard Rock tones all along the way. Tele styles just have this responsive attack and attitude that pushes through!

• Like 1

Forgive the second post in a row, but I thought that this really dovetailed into the discussion here (hang on and watch and listen):

• Like 2

I got all the way through the video, bad wifi today, so it was choppy. Lots of good stuff tho. I'll watch again later, hopefully unbuffered. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the humbucker/single coil combination. One of my original thoughts was to use one guitar for a slack key tuning I want to try, but that seems like a waste since I'll only be using it on a few tunes. I thought about using my Squier for that, but I don't want to drag 3 guitars along. The tuning only drops 2 strings, I think I can tune it on the on the fly. I'm open to trying almost everything, maybe even some bends again.   

• Like 4

Jennifer S.

4 hours ago, surfergirl said:

One of my original thoughts was to use one guitar for a slack key tuning I want to try, but that seems like a waste since I'll only be using it on a few tunes.

The tuning only drops 2 strings, I think I can tune it on the on the fly.

That will be easier on the ASAT with its hard-tail design, than on your Strat.

Which tuning?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

That will be easier on the ASAT with its hard-tail design, than on your Strat.

Which tuning?

Truth, it will be easier. 
I'm going to guess - Double Drop D?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, surfergirl said:

It will take a while to see where I will use this. I've never played anything but a Strat until now. I've, also, never played a humbucker, this a humbucker in the neck and single coil in the bridge. So a lot new to me. 

I've seen a few jazzers using Tele's these days, getting some very cool clean sounds.  Give that neck humbucker a little clean time just to see if you can coax a little jazz vibe out of her.  Keep us posted on how the two pups work together?  I know you'll get some good country twang with the bridge pup...Have fun experimenting with the new axe! 😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

5 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Keola's C tuning: 6th string to C and 5th string to G. Leonard's C also drops the 1st string to D. 

I'll hafta try that! Do you, yourself, play slide, fretted, a mix of the two with that tuning? (I'm guessing all fretted, picking fingerstyle?)

16 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

I know you could use a Tele to smash up a few Les Pauls (headstock is the weak point, in case you want to try this!!! 🤣) and you could probably just tune the Tele and gig with it afterwards, battle scars and all. 

You might not even have to retune it...

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Keola's C tuning: 6th string to C and 5th string to G. Leonard's C also drops the 1st string to D. 

Slack Key, I should have known. I have some Slack Key CDs, beautiful music!

• Like 2