Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YESTERDAY I THREW OUT MY MIXER...

OK, I didn't throw it out. I had some burly guys put it in storage. Perhaps I'll sell it when it's been drained of even more of its precarious value, or let some poor soul figure out what to do with it after I'm dead and buried.

But for this cat, no more big beautiful mixer! It's gone.

From now on in, it's all in the box for me, with some lovely outboard gear and a control surface thrown in for good measure.

Dooby Dooby Doo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to be difficult, really. But I swore that like Peter Pan who quickly forgot even his closest friends once they passed away, I too would no longer think, say, or remember anything about the mixer once it had passed away (aside from the fact that it passed away, and even that I will shortly forget).

Thanks for your understand. :)

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Duddits:

Perhaps I'll sell it when it's been drained of even more of its precarious value, or let some poor soul figure out what to do with it after I'm dead and buried.

damn - my secret strategy is known even to cats.

Originally posted by Tedster:

Originally posted by Duddits:

From now on in, it's all in the box for me

You'd BETTER be going in the box, cat.

So, you're mixing with that new program, "Litter"?

:)

That's right -- mixing in the box with LITTER and Digi's new PRODER CONTROL

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by boosh:

I can store it in my studio for free man...

Want the shipping adress?

Even if you were serious -- the shipping costs just wouldn't be worth it.

While we were getting rid of it, one of the guys told me he was in a band and could he buy it from me?

The problem is, it just isn't worth what it's worth. My advice to the guy: buy a Mackie!

I know of another circumstance where a film guy donated a Neotek Elite to his alma mater, where it just sat. And sat. And probably still sits. You figure the price of getting everything hooked up and working is more than the price of a new Command 8 by Digi, which is arguably more useful.

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by henrysb3:

I almost threw out my mixer, but I still occasionaly whip up a batch of pancakes. Or was that pancats?

Henry

pancreas?

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

See here, people...I get first right of refusal because I asked first, and if I hadn't needed to be at a welding shop around 10 or so, I'd've been flogging that cat to tell us what brand of mixer it is.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Cat flogging is illegal in the USA. Sorry.

I see where you're coming from. You may be just a cat, but you have to go with what makes sense for you. I could probably go out and buy a used $20 - $40 K board - I've got the room for it, and the cash and credit assets - but from a business standpoint, it just wouldn't make any sense. My already huge A/C bills would go up dramatically, not to mention the increased electricity, maintenance and other associated costs a large format console brings. And my local market wouldn't support the rate increases I'd need to charge. And from a working standpoint, I prefer having complete and total recall. So I use a small Yamaha instead. I like the sound and features, and it fits my needs.

YOu've got to do what makes sense to you. I hope you'll be happy with your decision. :wave:

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

:cry:

Well, if you ever need somebody to take it off your hands, just let me know! Unless it's an SSL, in which case, I'll pass. :D

If it was an SSL, I wouldn't have chucked it!

:)

Dooby Dooby Doo

OK, so now I see the real after-effects of being "out-of-the-loop" for so long. I hope I'm still not out for good. That thing about the Neve channel strips is actually what I was thinking about, and then my brain screwed it up because I haven't thought about any of this stuff for a LONG time. But hey, Neuman mic pres and a Behringer make a pretty stupid combination too...

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

Archived