Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Don’t be like me: Losing your Facebook account and domain name

Don’t be like me: Losing your Facebook account and domain name

I wrote an article about my experience with this for Photofocus. But it's obviously not something just for photographers. I usually post articles I write in The Big Picture MPN Forum

spacer.png

FWIW, I posted the same Clorox pic two years ago for the same reasons you did and got precisely the same warning and ban recently.  I sent them a note disputing it, and they apologized and removed the ban.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

25 minutes ago, Dave Bryce said:

FWIW, I posted the same Clorox pic two years ago for the same reasons you did and got precisely the same warning and ban recently.  I sent them a note disputing it, and they apologized and removed the ban.

dB

I've requested a review, emailed them, mailed them two letters, and nothing. How did you contact them?

9 hours ago, KenElevenShadows said:

I've requested a review, emailed them, mailed them two letters, and nothing. How did you contact them?

It doesn't matter what you've done, you're not Dave Bryce. Sorry, Ken, but that's the brutal truth.

You can console yourself with the fact that his night photography pretty much sucks.

• Haha 3

I got a two-weeks ban from Facebook because I posted a guy playing a viral "tabla" tune with a cat "dancing" to it.

... and they said it was hate speech against a community.

I am sorry you lost your page.

For my "pro" page, I did what you recommended: created another FB profile and made it also its administrator.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

4 minutes ago, Gus Lozada said:

I got a two-weeks ban from Facebook because I posted a guy playing a viral "tabla" tune with a cat "dancing" to it.

Wow, I didn't know cats were so easily offended. :)

2 minutes ago, Anderton said:

Wow, I didn't know cats were so easily offended. :)

They, of course, know I'm pretty much a dog and hedgehog's person.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

18 hours ago, Anderton said:

It doesn't matter what you've done, you're not Dave Bryce. Sorry, Ken, but that's the brutal truth.

You can console yourself with the fact that his night photography pretty much sucks.

I guess it all evens out then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gus Lozada said:

I am sorry you lost your page.

For my "pro" page, I did what you recommended: created another FB profile and made it also its administrator.

That's what I'll do if I ever get my page back. On my new night photography page, in the event that this will be my main photography page going forward, I have already done that.

I'm so glad you stopped hate speech against a community. I believe I speak for all of us when I say we were deeply offended.

• 2 weeks later...

I created a page for Houston Tribute Bands a number of years ago, and had one then another local woman more involved in the scene do the day-to-day running of the page and group. Then one day, the page had no admins. We were all removed for no apparent reason. The woman who was doing the page for us went through crazy hoops to get us access again. Like, creating a legal business name and a web site to prove to FB that we had the rights to it. Even though No One was admin at that point and surely their info showed that the three of us were the admins and one of us created the page.

Facebook is stupid.

By that I mean, they are dumb. They screw up like this a lot from what I hear.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI