Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Generator for festival practice

Hey all, My band has signed up for a festival out in the Alaskan Wilderness. Big event, stage will have power, but it's an entire weekend and we usually like to warmup and jam a bit between sets at our camp site. I'm the only electric guy in the group. Last year we had a big van with a built-in generator, but I'm not sure that's going to be there this year. I just need to power my Crumar Mojo, Behringer PolyD, and a practice amp (50W). Any suggestions?

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of your budget, but I played a 4 hour trio gig off of a portable battery pack (keys, vocals, acoustic guitar), and the darn thing had 70% or so left after the gig.  Sort of big, heavy and expensive for your situation though.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Hire a mobile battery pack with a conditioned output.  A small mobile generator without a conditioned output will likely have a very questionable voltage waveform, OK to power lights and site building equipment but not anything with electronics.

The image below shows a home pack that is available.

42359E02-D7BA-41BA-A8DE-F735CE24FB98.jpeg

Feck u