Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS strikes again

Dave Bryce

Pretty.  I looked up the specs because I didn't know what the wood looked like.  It's  called okoume.  I guess it's warmer than Mahogany.  I really like the sound of my all mahogany Martin.   Let's know what you think of it when you get it.

• Like 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Purty, I LOVE 12 string guitars!

I've got a Rainsong WS3000, a Daisy Rock Retro 12 and a project Ovation Deacon 12 neck and Preacher body thingamabob that I'm doing a custom build on. 

Tune down a whole step, capo a standard tuned guitar on the 3rd fret and you can get some nice congruences going, sounds all purty-like.

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The Artwood is a good series, and like Ibanez arch-tops, great value in terms of quality, feel, and sound, in any price range but especially for the prices asked.

I have a back-order myself on an Ibanez Artwood: it's a small-scale acoustic that I intend to use for Nashville Tuning (which I've never tried before).

I've noticed that Ibanez also seems to be more selective in their wood sourcing than a lot of companies do -- especially at their price point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

17 hours ago, RABid said:

A 12 string has been on my list . Have not played one in 40 years. Hmmm. I might just go for the exact same guitar. I do trust your judgement when it comes to musical instruments, and I like that price point.

In all fairness, I ordered one without playing it…but I talked to a few people who I trust first and they all had good things to say about the Artwood series, just like brother Mark did above.

I also have to give the Sweetwater folks props.  Having the ability to look at a bunch of pics of each guitar for every model they have in stock and choose the one I want absolutely adds a layer of confidence in buying a guitar without holding it first (along with the ability to return it, of course).  The pic above is the actual guitar that’s headed to me.

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Going back to our source material, to start with - Early Genesis 12-string Tunings

Here's a link discussing some of Anthony Phillips' tunings, as well. Anthony Phillips talks Genesis & tunings

Have fun with those . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com