Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2022-2023 Thread

Reports from KC say Mahomes Practiced yesterday with no signs of a limp. We'll see.

• Like 1

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The post 2022 NFL season trend seems to be firing assistant coaches. Granted, some OCs needed to be fired.😁

However, regardless of how the team performed, it's somehow the position coaches fault that they didn't make it to the playoffs or Super Bowl.   

The team had 17 games to evaluate every coach.  Seems to me that if a position coach wasn't good, they could have been relieved of their duties at any point during the season. 

Meanwhile, the head coach and GM get to stick around for next year. Seems like a classic case of firing staff to save themselves. 

Let's see how much improvement there is next year for teams under the same head coach with new coaches on staff. 

My money bets if it's the same head coach and players, the team will have similar results. 

Those teams will still be sitting on the couch at this point in this season next year. 🤣😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Yep a perfect example of that is Dallas. Both the coach and the GM are still running the show. So whose fault is it that DAK got 40 million to play QB

'for Dallas?  Dak has gottem the team nowhere in the 7 years he's been in Dallas. Colin Cowherd said that Jerry paid Dak 40 million because he deserved it.  When you pay a QB that much money because he deserved it instead of earning it. it never works. 

As a Life long Steelers fan, I'm enjoying the 30 years of Jerry's Failure.😃

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

16 minutes ago, MikeT156 said:

So whose fault is it that DAK got 40 million to play QB 'for Dallas? 

Dak has gottem the team nowhere in the 7 years he's been in Dallas.

I share your hatred of the Cowbums.  I don't understand your fixation on Dak's salary. 

QBs Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins are benefitting from the business of the NFL as it relates to the average salary of an franchise NFL QB. 

Every franchise NFL QB makes more money per year than the greats of yesteryear.  That's just the nature of the business.  It has less to do with them earning it. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

For years Brady got 20 million dollar salary. They promised him better players if he took the lower salary but they kept the money. After 5 years if a QB has not led his team to a Conference Championship game, win or lose, its time to move on. Roger's 50 million is even worse. Dak has not earned 40 million and Rogers is over the Hill.

I'm not the only one that has reached that conclusion. DAK has not EARNED it.

I don't keep track of what all the Starting QB get on each team, but both of the above are not worth what they are getting, based on their results.

One assistant coach might be on his way to a career boost:  Kellen Moore.

If he leaves the Cowboys, it's won't be because of poor job performance (firing).  The Panthers appear to be very interested in him as an HC candidate, as they kept him in town for a 2nd day of interviewing.  

6 minutes ago, GovernorSilver said:

One assistant coach might be on his way to a career boost:  Kellen Moore.

If he leaves the Cowboys, it's won't be because of poor job performance (firing).  The Panthers appear to be very interested in him as an HC candidate, as they kept him in town for a 2nd day of interviewing.  

Cowbums OC Kellen Moore has been a head coach prospect for a few years now. 

I would not be surprised if Moore lands an HC gig during this cycle.  Unless Jerrah decides to pay him more money to stay there.😁

I thought the Panthers should have made Steve Wilks their permanent head coach.  The team was rudder-less under HC Matt Rhule. 

Interim HC Wilks steadied the ship and had the Panthers playing a lot better.  That one and done BS the Cardinals put him through as their head coach was a travesty.😎

PD

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

Cowbums OC Kellen Moore has been a head coach prospect for a few years now. 

I would not be surprised if Moore lands an HC gig during this cycle.  Unless Jerrah decides to pay him more money to stay there.😁

I thought the Panthers should have made Steve Wilks their permanent head coach.  The team was rudder-less under HC Matt Rhule. 

Interim HC Wilks steadied the ship and had the Panthers playing a lot better.  That one and done BS the Cardinals put him through as their head coach was a travesty.😎

Moore's main competition for the HC job is Frank Reich, who some in Chargerland desire as the new OC.  

It will be interesting to see whether the Panthers choose the guy with previous HC experience or the young up and comer... or will they give Eric Bienemy a look if the Chiefs are eliminated by the Bengals.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GovernorSilver said:

Moore's main competition for the HC job is Frank Reich, who some in Chargerland desire as the new OC.  

Panthers have already selected Frank Reich to be their new head coach.  Chargers OC search continues. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PD

Dang, you're on it quick!  😀

I'm sure Kellen Moore will soon get a career upgrade one way or another, be it a raise to stay in Dallas or an HC job elsewhere.

I think the Boltbeat blogger is the only guy who was stumping for Reich anyway.   Zac Robinson is rumored to be the favorite for the Chargers OC job.

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

Panthers have already selected Frank Reich to be their new head coach.  Chargers OC search continues. 😎

That is baffling and hilarious. Unless perhaps (and I say perhaps) they actually hire an OC who gets to call the plays. Reich's play-calling with the Colts was horrific.

The 2021 Colts under Reich had a better offense than the 2022 squad, but even that offense wasn't known for innovation. They just had Jonathan Taylor run all over you, setting up the play action pass for Wentz.  No need for fancy concepts, trick plays or anything - just good old fashioned smash mouth football.

That said,  the Bolt Beat guys' arguments in favor of Reich over the other candidates look weak to me.

HC/OC Frank Reich was a good play-caller leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl win over the Patriots.

I don't believe Reich has forgotten how to call plays. I think he was relieved to be fired by Indy.

The Colts have holes to fill on both sides of the ball. The team owner is a  clown which means the organization needs work. The next head coach has a tough hlll to climb.😎

• Like 2

PD

1 minute ago, ProfD said:

HC/OC Frank Reich was a good play-caller leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl win over the Patriots.

I don't believe Reich has forgotten how to call plays.

Believe it. My best friend is an ardent Colt fan and we endured many games together. :) He sucked. I mean REALLY sucked at play calling and using players logically.

The Colts have holes to fill on both sides of the ball. The team owner is a  clown which means the organization needs work. 

From what I can tell, the owner is hardly a clown, in fact did a lot of damage control brought about by Reich and their GM, who are the ones who championed bringing this reclamation project Wentz in (doh) and Ryan (doh) and Irsay is the one who wisely said "no mas" to Wentz and wisely fired Reich. 

15 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

Reports from KC say Mahomes Practiced yesterday with no signs of a limp. We'll see.

Let's hope so. I believe he had a high ankle sprain, right? Those are quite a bit more serious than a "regular" sprained ankle.

43 minutes ago, bill5 said:

Irsay is the one who wisely said "no mas" to Wentz and wisely fired Reich

Colts owner Irsay made a great decision in moving away from Wentz. Hiring HC Jeff Saturday was a head scratcher.😁

I think HC Frank Reich will have a resurgence in Carolina similar to HC Doug Pederson in Jacksonville. 😎

PD

22 minutes ago, ProfD said:

Colts owner Irsay made a great decision in moving away from Wentz. Hiring HC Jeff Saturday was a head scratcher.😁

Total PR move IMO as Saturday is a popular ex-player. 

I think HC Frank Reich will have a resurgence in Carolina similar to HC Doug Pederson in Jacksonville. 😎

I disagree but hope I'm wrong. Like the Colts they need a QB bad! Darnold isn't the answer 

I checked the Salary of top 10$

Player                   Team    Cap Number Cash Spent

Deshaun Watson Browns $54,993,000 $46,000,000

Dak Prescott    Cowboys  $49,130,000  $31,000,000

Patrick Mahomes Chiefs  $46,793,381  $40,450,000

Josh Allen            Bills       $39,772,281  $28,000,000

Ryan Tannehill    Titans    $36,600,000 $27,000,000

Kirk Cousins        Vikings $36,250,000 $30,000,000

Matt Ryan            Colts    $35,205,882 $29,205,882

Tom Brady          Bucks   $35,104,000         $0

Derek Carr        Raiders   $34,875,000 $33,000,000

Aaron Rodgers Packers  $31,623,570  $59,515,000

As Brotha Prof D had stated, the CAP and Cash Spent is Outta Sight.

Burrows is probably going to get 50 million a year once off his Rookie Contract

As usual Prof D knows what he's talking about, and I don't

8 hours ago, bill5 said:

Total PR move IMO as Saturday is a popular ex-player. 

I disagree but hope I'm wrong. Like the Colts they need a QB bad! Darnold isn't the answer 

Agreed on both accounts.

It will be interesting to see if Saturday continues his coaching career.

This has to be the last stop for QB Sam Darnold as a starter. He doesn't have it. Backup...maybe. 

HC Frank Reich would be wise in lobbying for QB Derek Carr. I think Carr he can still play. Just wasn't HC Josh McDaniels' guy. 

2 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

Burrows is probably going to get 50 million a year once off his Rookie Contract

Absolutely. QB Joe Burrow will be the highest paid in the league shortly. Not because he's better than everyone else. Just the way the business works.😎

• Like 1

PD

Yep that's what I've been reading. That said DAK is still not worth 40 million. He's not the only QB that is over paid. Tom Brady's salary is 25 million. I don't know if he got a signing bonus, how much was guaranteed money. Tom took less money because he wanted to WIN. There is really no way to guarantee winning. Brady took less and they didn't get the results he wanted. Too bad.

I have no problem with Burrow getting 50 million. Rogers is not worth  what he's getting.

53 minutes ago, MikeT156 said:

I have no problem with Burrow getting 50 million. 

Amazingly, the NFL believes QB Burrow deserves a huge pay day fresh off the rookie deal. They did the same thing with QB Josh Allen.

But, the Ravens are playing hard ball with getting a deal done with QB Lamar Jackson. They're even floating franchise tag which is about $45M per year. It's ridiculous. Just pay the man. 😎

• Like 1

PD

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

This has to be the last stop for QB Sam Darnold as a starter. He doesn't have it. Backup...maybe. 😎

Yeah Darnold is in Wentz territory - you could do worse for a backup but not starter material.

HC Frank Reich would be wise in lobbying for QB Derek Carr. I think Carr he can still play. Just wasn't HC Josh McDaniels' guy. 

Hard to say. Carr has been up and down...he didn't seem to respond well to McDooshbag, but hard to know if that's really on him or Carr.

Absolutely. QB Joe Burrow will be the highest paid in the league shortly. Not because he's better than everyone else. Just the way the business works.

I think he is better than everyone else except Mahomes.

Hi all. Sorry I've been a stranger for the past few months.

This has been the biggest period of change in my life in over a decade, and it’s pulled my focus away from forums. I’ve been able to lurk, but I won’t be posting much until things settle down.

I don’t want to go into detail in a public setting, but the change has been about people and things that impact my life. I still have my health, and I’m okay. I hope you’re all okay too.

Back to football: the matchups this weekend look really good. I expect “Championship Weekend” to live up to its billing.

Best,

Geoff

• Like 4
  • Love 1

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

3 hours ago, ProfD said:

Amazingly, the NFL believes QB Burrow deserves a huge pay day fresh off the rookie deal. They did the same thing with QB Josh Allen.

But, the Ravens are playing hard ball with getting a deal done with QB Lamar Jackson. They're even floating franchise tag which is about $45M per year. It's ridiculous. Just pay the man. 😎

I don't understand it either. They have to have Jackson in the line up. Their season went down the drain without him.

2 hours ago, Geoff Grace said:

Hi all. Sorry I've been a stranger for the past few months.

This has been the biggest period of change in my life in over a decade, and it’s pulled my focus away from forums. I’ve been able to lurk, but I won’t be posting much until things settle down.

I don’t want to go into detail in a public setting, but the change has been about people and things that impact my life. I still have my health, and I’m okay. I hope you’re all okay too.

Back to football: the matchups this weekend look really good. I expect “Championship Weekend” to live up to its billing.

Best,

Geoff

Brotha @Geoff Grace, glad you were able to check in on the peanut gallery. 😁

Great that you have your life, health and strength all things considered.  Hang in there.

Weekend matchups should be very good.  Come back when time permits.😎

• Like 1

PD

5 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

I don't understand it either. They have to have Jackson in the line up. Their season went down the drain without him.

I didn't see much so this is more what I've heard is that he wasn't looking very good even when healthy this year? Maybe they'll draft someone like Richardson hoping he's the next Jackson.

Any last minute predictions for Sunday? IMO:

Eagles beat 49ers and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as close as we all hope. Like 27-10 kind of thing. The 49ers' bubble is about to burst; the Eagles are just too solid all around. I will be surprised if this isn't a pretty low-scoring affair.

Chiefs beat Bengals but I feel much dicier about this one. If Mahomes is 100% or close they should take it, but could easily go the other way even if he is. My concern is he wins, but overdoes it and is really hobbled for the SB and this likely wipes out their hopes of winning.

4 hours ago, bill5 said:

Any last minute predictions for Sunday?

49ers/Eagles--This could be a close heavyweight fight or get out of hand.

I felt the 49ers had become strongest NFC team but after beating down the Giants, I think Eagles will win 2morrow. 

Bengals/Chiefs--Even with a hobbled Mahomes, I think HC Andy Reid will play an offensive scheme that gives the Chiefs best chance to win. 

Both games should be entertaining. Right now, I think we'll end up with a Chiefs/Eagles Super Bowl.😎

PD