Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2022-2023 Thread

2 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

Pretty sweet double pump fake - to the left then to the right - to set up the TD pass to Kittle by Mr. Irrelevant

Especially given the NFL had no place to switch to.  

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

The 49ers beat the Seahawks quite easily tonight. 

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan should be at the top of any list for coach of the year. He's been able to plug and play different guys throughout the season. 

Even with their 3rd string QB, the 49ers will be a problem for any NFC team in the playoffs.😎

• Like 3

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Seattle definitely didn't give up. They just didn't have enough happening to win tonight.

There are NFL games being played on Christmas Eve.😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

42 minutes ago, ProfD said:

The 49ers beat the Seahawks quite easily tonight. 

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan should be at the top of any list for coach of the year. He's been able to plug and play different guys throughout the season. 

Even with their 3rd string QB, the 49ers will be a problem for any NFC team in the playoffs.😎

It helps that our 3rd string rookie generally doesn't play like a rookie and....we got a pretty good defense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

I don't understand your sentence or its relevance to my post.

Sorry about that. It wasn’t relevant to your post.  It should have been a new post and clearer.  
Last week there was an alternative game that FOX/NFL was able to switch to after it was clear Mr Irrelevant and company were spanking the GOAT.   This week there was no switching available and viewers were forced to watch Mr Irrelevant and company.  

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

16 hours ago, timwat said:

It helps that our 3rd string rookie generally doesn't play like a rookie and....we got a pretty good defense.

He doesn't look like much of a liability to me either - and I'm no Niners fan.

As long as he avoids serious injury, he looks more like an asset to this team if they make the playoffs

On 12/16/2022 at 12:24 AM, timwat said:

Why are you trying to jinx them?   :classic_cool:

On 12/16/2022 at 5:18 AM, JazzPiano88 said:

Sorry about that. It wasn’t relevant to your post.  It should have been a new post and clearer.  
Last week there was an alternative game that FOX/NFL was able to switch to after it was clear Mr Irrelevant and company were spanking the GOAT.   This week there was no switching available and viewers were forced to watch Mr Irrelevant and company.  

Maybe not in your area, but they switched it in ours. Weird.

So PO's that the Colts/Vikings aren't on here. I needed that excuse to avoid yard work/house work lol

43 minutes ago, bill5 said:

So PO's that the Colts/Vikings aren't on here. I needed that excuse to avoid yard work/house work lol

The game is being aired on the NFL Network if that makes a difference. 😎

PD

Football today, two different kinds. Argentina vs. France, Bears vs. Eagles. Considering how much more talented of a team the Eagles are, I'd say the Bears are doing quite well despite that and all the injuries.

4 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

Wow!  2 matchups of conference leader vs. cellar dweller, both going to overtime, and both finishing suddenly in dramatic fashion!

The Jaguars' Jenkins walk-off pick 6 for the OT win was definitely the play of the day.

bout them Chargers?  :)   Justin don't-call-me-Bobby Herbert and co. continue in the playoff hunt

7 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

The Jaguars' Jenkins walk-off pick 6 for the OT win was definitely the play of the day.

I dunno. How ‘bout the end of the Pats/Raiders game? 😲😎

Commanders got royally hosed at the end of SNF.  Refs should be penalized for screwups like that. 😒

dB

• Like 3

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

6 minutes ago, bill5 said:

I didn't see both of those games. What happened? 

My friends were going nuts texting me about The Lateral while I was out at an open-mic night.   

I'm sure they'll come up with a more creative name like The Not-so-Immaculate Lateral.  Or the Unholy Lateral

Indeed @Dave Bryce congrats on that win!

Oh yeah thanks for the props on the Chargers.

1 minute ago, GovernorSilver said:

My friends were going nuts texting me about The Lateral while I was out at an open-mic night.   

I'm sure they'll come up with a more creative name like The Not-so-Immaculate Lateral.  Or the Unholy Lateral

lol - I read about it on nfl.com. Apparently the NE star RB has no functioning brain whatsoever lol

12 hours ago, bill5 said:

lol - I read about it on nfl.com. Apparently the NE star RB has no functioning brain whatsoever lol

Not a smart move on his part but it's really the WR #16 who pooped the bed.  

So it's thanks to both #38 and #16 that the Chargers get to slide into the Patriots' spot in the race for an AFC Wildcard berth.  

There was no need to force anything.  #38 could have just enjoyed padding his stats on that nice run, run out the clock, and go into overtime.

We're so used to seeing a disciplined Patriots squad under The Hoodie.  So out of character for them.

18 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Commanders got royally hosed at the end of SNF.  Refs should be penalized for screwups like that. 😒

The refs missed an obvious pass interference especially after they called a bogus illegal formation a couple plays earlier.

As a Commanders fan, I don't think they played well enough on either side of the ball to win. I hope last night's performance ended all potential playoff talk as well.

The Commanders offense allowed the Giants defense to tee off on the QB. The defense play soft coverages as if QB Daniel Jones was going to turn into QB Josh Allen and beat them with his wheels. 

Most folks predicted the Commanders would win the rematch. Apparently, the team didn't get the memo. 😎

PD

Packer's win over St Louis tonight was convincing and satisfying.

Mr. Wonderful's (1st overall draft pick) performance was good to see, and confirming, given his release and prior poor performance over his disastrous NFL career.

I do agree with Tim about the Refs.   My opinion is that NFL is seeking them to be an equal player of the game to create and correct perceived needs and ratings in real time, rather then correcting rules in the off season.

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I'm very glad that the Packers haven't been eliminated. (As of tonight's win over *ahem* Los Angeles, ESPN has Green Bay's chances of making the playoffs at 12%.)

I always hate to see the Rams lose; but they wouldn't have made the playoffs anyway, so it's no disaster. I'll go back to rooting for them again next week when they face the Broncos (who are also eliminated).

In the meantime, Green Bay has to win in Miami, then beat the Vikings and Lions in Lambeau, and (last but not least) get some help in order to make it into the playoffs. Last year, I would have liked the Packers' odds in all of those games; but this year, it's an uphill battle—not impossible, but very difficult to achieve. Of course, even if they somehow manage to do that, then ESPN estimates Green Bay's chances of making the playoffs would be 71%.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon