Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cannot access video in Synthzone (I am on a Mac)

rphillipchuk

I hope that I am to violating any rules here by asking this....

This has been going on for a couple months now.... I am on a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 32 gig Ram , 1 terabyte SSD running the latest OS.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/504905/You_Make_Me_Feel_Brand_New#Post504905

I can access the above yt video on Chrome, Firefox but not on Safari !  If you are on a Mac, please tell me if you are able to view it........You do not have to run the YouTube Video, just want to know if you can see it....

I will attach a screenshot of what I see in Chrome, but not in Safari

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 7.45.10 PM.jpg

The video doesn't display at all on Safari for me, and I get a playback error on Firefox (but can see the video thumbnail).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I do not have my M1 Mac Mini booted currently but I am on a Mac Pro running Yosemite so the last version of Safari I could run was 8.08. I am prompted for the Flash Player. Of course Flash is no longer supported by Adobe and the latest Safari is tooled for an alternative. But just to report info that may shed light on your current issue although it may not be useful there it is.

I can see it with Firefox (latest version) and Chrome (Version 87.0.4280.88) like others even with Yosemite.

FWIW I can also see and run it on my iPad Pro with latest iOS and Safari.

Both Safari and Chrome have some idiosyncrasies on my older MacBook Pro with Mojave. For a long time, on Safari the password auto-fill worked everywhere except on the United Airlines site - it was stored in Safari's passwords pane of its prefs like all my other passwords but it wouldn't fill in and opening the little drop-down to find it came up empty. Now suddenly it's working. I think that happened when I updated to the latest version my OS could support. I would definitely check that you have the most recent version of Safari. If you updated to the latest OS as you said, maybe you need a more recent Safari version? I know Monterey has messed up some music apps or plugins.

Chrome now does this weird thing sometimes where I'll enter a URL, hit "return" and it just sits there chewing on I-don't-know-what for a good ten seconds, with nothing happening - then the page fills in.

For some reason, the video is embedded with the Flash Player. That's why it doesn't work in recent versions of Safari.

Actually, it may also be available as a YT video, but the code for Flash Player might be confusing Safari so it shows nothing.

<object width="425" height="350"> 
  <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gs65TB89CGw"></param> 
  <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> 
  <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gs65TB89CGw"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"  width="425" height="350"> </embed>
</object>

The other browsers might be doing it right and showing the YT video version, while Safari is seeing the Flash Player stuff and saying, "forget it, kid."

I have no idea why that code is offering the Flash Player version in a post from 2022 at all. :idk:

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI