Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soundcharts' breakdown of Streaming Service Payouts

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me people should be complaining more about Apple, because AFAIK it doesn't have a free tier. Everyone has to pay. I would think (but hey, what do I know?) that having only paying subscribers would mean more money coming in for a given amount of streams, because every stream is monetized.

I was referring mostly to people concentrating their ire on Spotify...maybe they're missing the company that does have more money to spend.

I was shocked when reading one of these articles to find out that Spotify has never made a profit! Then again, I don't know what they pay their C-level executives...maybe that's why. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GovernorSilver said:

Epic Game has acquired Bandcamp

Fuuuuuuuu

I say this not because I think that Epic will ruin Bandcamp as this article writer believes  though that's obviously possible, but because I simply don't like Epic due to the way they're screwing around with the various app stores and picking fights and such. That's OT for here, but that's my stance. I don't want to give them a dime of my money. 

That being said, there have been some cases where a big company or conglomerate has purchased a smaller company and all they did was actually help them out, the company seems unchanged. Budweiser bought Houston brewer Karbach in 2016 and Karbach seems to be doing fine. Ben & Jerry's has been owned by Unilever since 2000 and still seems to be the same stuff, same kinds of causes, etc. I'm sure there are cases both of companies simply becoming better because of the buy, and others vanishing and/or being ruined. Only time will tell.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI