Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard stand you can get under a 28" desk

Short of spending dough on a specific music desk with sliding drawer for an 88k weighted action keyboard - anyone found an X type or other stand that can be pushed/dragged under a standard 28' high office desk?

The keyboard"s height is about 5'. I have a KM 1881 Omega that gets down to 24'. Not low enough to slide the keyboard under. Also have an On Stage X stand that stops at 26.5'.

Just looking for ideas so that I can work at the desk using computer keyboard & mouse but still have quick access to the piano keyboard when needed.

Thanks!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem with way too many desks. I'm tall and even though my desk is at 30 inches it's a squeeze for my midi keyboard on a z stand under it, I wouldn't mind it if it was a couple inches taller.

Frankly my solution is going to be to get a "standing desk", the kind with two big metal side legs. Not because I want to stand, but because you can adjust the height way up as far as you like. Some are electric but I'd rather go with a manual crank version as the motor is something that eventually will break.

The problem with almost all the standing desks is the depth. They are 24" which is not ideal for me. You can just buy the standing frame though and attach a desktop of choice, you'll probably pay a bit more all told but you get to pick the material and exact dimensions.

I have an OnStage Z stand that fits easily under my desk (actually I use a Home Depot Husky 6" worktable). I have it so the keys are just about 3/4' clear underneath. The stand sits on four felt pads and it slides perfectly along the hardwood. I also attached a piece of utility mat to the undersides of the Z between the felt pads where I"ve Velcroed my pedals so everything slides out together.

If you can"t get the Z stand to the perfect height, simply drill new pin/screw knob holes.

Here for the gear.