Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tracking Black Friday Sales 2021

Musicians Friend is running an Open Box sale for its "members" -- extra 10% off open box pricing. They're offering one or two of several keyboards discussed frequently on this forum: Hammond SK Pro, Yamaha CP73, Kurzweil PC4-7, Korg SV2, etc. Pretty good deals. Act fast!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked for the heck of it, not buying anything currently, I have too much inventory as it is.

Found it interesting that the "open box" Yamaha CP 73 is on backorder. How is that? :idk::rolleyes:

Will be a good deal for someone eventually.

:nopity:

...the original Scarbee MK1 sold by Native Instruments at $34.50 is a good deal too (that's one of the many NI sampled products currently 50% off, as Dave mentioned earlier in this thread). I got the Grandeur last year. I also got the Famous E during their group buy at 60% off, and it's also terrific* â and very different from the Scarbee.

2 days ago I grabbed the (by Steve Nathan in another thread mentioned) e-instruments Session Electric R, S and W models- and I´m very pleased to have ´em in addition to what´s available in NI-Komplete UCE (Scarbee MK1 & Wurli 200A).

These are very playable also by using a Edirol PCR 500/800 or Roland A X00 Pro controller action,- while using a quality weighted 88 action makes it even better.

It worked immediatedly w/ the standard linear velocity curve,- at least for me.

31 bucks for each library is a great deal !

I appreciate the different (Studio and Live) sample sets for each instrument, where "Studio" is line out directly and "Live" is amped and captured w/ mics.

The FX are a step up compared to the Kontakt internal FX the NI Scarbee versions use and the pentagon-shaped tone- and FX- parameter morphing is unique.

Only "drawback",- the S-models GUI pic shows a 1973 88 Rhodes Suitcase, but the sampled instrument is still a 73 range e - e,- like the R-model is.

Both are different nonetheless,- but I wished the Suitcase were a 88 keys version.

:)

A.C.