Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil pc4-7 I've tried, but I think I'll get rid if it

1 hour ago, Stefan011 said:

The key for me is practicing with similar or even heavier action. I practice at home on Yamaha P115 and gigging with Nords TP100 felt very uncomfortable. But with Forte 7 I can play for hours without any fatigue.  

Yeah it will just take getting used to.  I played for decades with a similar action in a Studiologic controller, but since it died I have been playing piano on those lighter actions.  The MODX7 action is about as light as it gets, it actually took me weeks and a velocity adjustment to play piano on it at all.  I also tended to play "too fast" on it where my hands would get ahead of the beat.  I made all those adjustments, but now I have to un-make them!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am just wondering if there is a way to have 'scenes' in the Kurzweil PC4. May be programming groups on/off (mute cc for midi ch) with the pads? 

An implementation as Roland FA or current Fantoms (switch groups) might be exactly the need. The scene feature in the Yamaha is great (also Nautilus has 4 scenes).

Thanks in advance folks