Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio PX-5s key stuck

I put it back in the original packaging after each use, this time it's been five months since I last used it. When I unpacked it today, one key had popped out of its place. No idea how, and it doesn't want to go back down. Anyone seen this before? Do I need to disassemble the whole think to get the key back in place, or is it possible to wiggle it back in position without risk of breaking anything?

IMG-20211022-150602.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hammer underneath the key is out of place. Trying to force the key down could damage the metal hammer underneath so yes you'll need to take it apart. There are a ton of screws. but it is not that difficult. When you do remove the top do it slowly so you do not damage any of the ribbon cables.

My best advice is to take it to a service center.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

As a side note - I"ve literally dropped my PX-560 on a few occasions (in the Casio soft case) and was impressed that the ends didn"t crack and the keys stayed in place. Very strange indeed. Possible someone else in the house stepped on the box?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560