Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday, Ringo Starr!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ringo Starr, the most laid back member of the Beatles!

Not like I'd ever have the opportunity to hang out with any of the Beatles or anything, but I think Ringo would be the most personable and fun to talk to than any of them.

I laugh in the Let it Be footage where Paul is going on and on about the "Cameras can hang on cables, and zoom in and out, blah, blah, blah", and Ringo is standing in the background with a look on his face like "WTF is this guy talking about? Man, I need to get the F out of here!" Classic.

Amateur Hack

Ringo's sense of musicality, dynamics, and phrasing, in all it's simplicity, is moslty unheard by laymen, let alone folks in da' business. Happy birthday, Ringo. Heh..heh...heh...uh..yeh. ---Lee

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

While all the chicks were going on about John and Paul, all the guys dug George and Ringo.

George was bigger with us beginning guitar players, but Ringo was the one who seemed like fun to hang out with! Great to learn the rest of the Beatles felt the same way!

Happy Birthday, Mr. Starkey!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by shniggens:

Not like I'd ever have the opportunity to hang out with any of the Beatles or anything, but I think Ringo would be the most personable and fun to talk to than any of them.

I actually did have the pleasure of meeting George AND Ringo on the same night! Derek Taylor too. October 15, 1987. Blew my mind completely! And yeah, Ringo was really funny and personable, and when he and George and Derek Taylor got to talking to each other in Liverpudlian, it was unreal. Like as if they were back in "A Hard Day's Night" and had never really stopped the conversation since then.

Oh, and I might add that on that night there were a plethora of great and well known drummers around, and they all pretty much bowed in deference to Ringo. He's the man! Happy 64th Ringo!

Like I said over on Dendy's forum...

"When I'm 64" was of course written and sung by McCartney...but, Paul could have just as well given it to Ringo...it would have made a great Ringo song, too. I could hear him singing it.

Now, Ringo...celebrate by including Kansas City on your next All-Starr Band tour.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Geez Lennon, what is this obsession you have with The Beatles? Say hello to Elvis for me.

Elvis ain't here, man; guess he's at the other place.

Here it's mostly just me & Miles Davis...& it's gettin' tiresome always fighting for the piano (it's so hot Miles says the trumpet burns his lip).

Birthday ...? I forgot to send a card ... is it still too late?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Originally posted by whitefang:

While all the chicks were going on about John and Paul, all the guys dug George and Ringo.

That was strictly OK with me. ;)

We used to laugh every time Ringo sang that Shirelles song "Boys".

Archived