Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Useful Google Tools

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Google Translate

Helps me out when joining User Groups for custom hardware on FakeBook.

It's amazing how these translation tools have evolved. They were comical about 20 years ago, now they are really helpful. Although I can translate between English, Portuguese and Spanish fairly easily, these tools have gotten to a point a lot of times it's faster to just copy-past the text, let it to do the translation and I correct it. It still struggles a lot of times with technical terms (in engineering, for example), but for typical language the results are impressive.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Google Drive -- great repository that just works and doesn't try to do too much, unlike Dropbox and similar.

Google Docs -- easily create linkable, shareable docs for lead sheets, set lists, etc.

Google Calendar -- what we use to manage band calendars

Youtube (as part of Google) -- slow down feature on music videos to catch that fast bit better.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Useful, but you can probably find all of those tools for free on the Internet without using Google.I try to stay away from that company.

Best tool one can use is Google Skeptic the developer is YOU and me and the app resides in the gray matter between our ears. Consider anything Google is an invitation for them to collect information on you.

Cool stuff from the opposite side of evil empire Google, search engine DuckDuckGo:

https://cdm.link/2021/10/duckduckgo-search-hack-its-an-instant-bpm-calculator-and-finds-frequencies-guitar-tab/

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.