Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Disco cover band

Aw memories of Disco... I remember there was a Disco version of Giant Steps by Sonny or ??? I would bring the cassette to the music school and drive people crazy playing that track . Below was a hit for a short time, good thing Rick Dees didn't give up his DJ gig or his career would of been over.

Now you know what killed Disco

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/sysgZabVlZw

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played in a disco band when it was actually a thing, from '76 to about '80. My fondest memory was folks coming up to the stage and bitching about us not having just the right tempo for a particular song. I guess they would practice with the record player in their living room or basement all week, and woe be unto the band that played their favorites a hair too fast or too slow. You were definitely ruining their bid to be the King or Queen of the dancefloor at the local Moose Lodge. Good times.....