Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vox VX50 KB anyone?

Set them up so they’re slightly flared, like a Motion Sound amp, directly behind where you stand/sit. Ensure left and right outputs to amps are plugged in so they’re left and right with your back to them. It’s amazing how disorienting it is to have them the other way (at least, to me ;) ), like headphones put on backwards. 

Here for the gear.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I've got two of them, and they both make this smooth noise. I think it is normal background amp noise. I hear the same kind of noise on my guitarist bandmate's amp 😉

It's just noticeable when it's quiet around, so no issue at all when used on stage or in a rehearsal room.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I now have a small issue with one of my unit: for whatever reason, one of the screw which is tightening the white handle on top of the amp can’t be tightened any more.

I think the nut which allowed the screw to be tightened has come loose and fell inside the amp.

So as a result, I can’t use the handle any more to carry the amp, which is a bit annoying.

Does anybody know if there is a way to open the back of the amp, catch the nut and put it back to it’s original position so that I can tighten the screw again?

Thanks in advance or any hint 🙏.

• 2 months later...

I have a pair for stereo use in a smaller bedroom. First they sound good and fit my needs. Second in playing around I found a way to connect my Yamaha MG10ux mixer into the VX50 KB....    I run three keyboards into the Vox, take the line out to the Yamaha mixer, return the audio from the Yamaha mixer using a 1/4" TS to two RCA Female adapter cable coupled to a RCA right / left to 1/8" 3.5mm phone jack and plug into the VX50 KB aux input.  Turn down the master (line out from the amp is before the master volume) and use the Yamaha mixer to add additional channels to the mix plus the keyboards from before the master volume and now I don't need additional amps for my bass and guitar since I route them through the Yamaha mixer.

The added benefit is my three keyboards are on the mixer and can be output via the USB connection to record on computer / tablet or phone.

Hope this helps someone out.

Respectfully,

• Like 2

I played a gig on Friday evening on a big stage with my 2 VX50KB standing on each side of me (like a giant headphone as already mentioned by @AnotherScott :-)) and I could hear myself very loud and clear, even with an added monitor in front of me to catch all the other instruments (excepts drums which were standing not too far away from me). 

I was not even at the maximum output level so I could even have pushed it further if needed.

I was a bit hesitating to use this setup before the gig, but after it passed the test well, I'm quite confident I can use it again.

This of course works only if the stage is big enough to setup the 2 amps on the side.

If the stage is too small so that I can only use one amp and when the drum kit is sitting close to me, then I would rather use a more powerful classic stage monitor like the Yamaha DXR10.