Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jupiter Xm and FA Series

Great price for a mint condition Jupiter Xm here, but it came in a bad timing... I just bought a FA-06 :-(

GAS force is strong today LoL, I wonder if the Jupiter will make the FA completely obsolete (or at least redundant).

I like the idea of having a small gear like the Jupiter to be controlled by another synth and having the FA connected with external FX boxes.

Am I exaggerating here with the Roland waveform palette?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I'm with you about playing modules and mini-key synths from a more approachable instrument. IMO, It works best with an 88- or 76-key instrument. 76 has some strong fans here, but that size A) demands added care and cartage, like big road cases and B) its somewhat for the super-serious who believe in playable splits and multiple zones. Blah blah blah, right?

You've taken up the Xm at a good time. Go here and check out Roland's new, free editor/librarian for it. As the Xm has such a compact form, this app will be very useful. Good luck!

https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_jupiter-x_editor/

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"