Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie 1147 Kit

I just purchased a Leslie speaker and this 1147 kit is included with the speaker. I don't need it but I'd like to know what this would be used for and how I would go about testing it to make sure it works when I go to pick up the speaker. Ignore the Combo Preamp on the left as I already know how that works (don't need that either as I have a Trek II universal preamp). Thanks!

1788.thumb.jpg.85a48a08a5d9fbc4e5a6f2aeb15bfda3.jpg

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Hi, it is used to connect an organ with an 11 pin output to a 6 pin 147 amp in the Leslie. HS xk3, 3c or Crumar Mojo (some had 11 pin outs) or others. takes care of power supply, audio and switching in one box. Joe

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense now. I'm going to borrow my buddy's Hammond XK5 which has the 11 pin output and use that to test the 1147 kit as well as the Combo Preamp.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Just make sure everything is plugged in before powering up 1147 and turning on the xk5 . You can blow the opamp in the 1147 by pugging into the organ when its already powered on. BTW, if somebody else already did this, the opamp is replaceable, pretty easy fix if you can solder. Symptoms of this is the leslie works , speed etc, but no sound. Also if its low on volume, there is a gain adjustment on the 1147 , just dial it up with a jewlers screwdriver.
  • Like 1

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Just make sure everything is plugged in before powering up 1147 and turning on the xk5 . You can blow the opamp in the 1147 by pugging into the organ when its already powered on. BTW, if somebody else already did this, the opamp is replaceable, pretty easy fix if you can solder. Symptoms of this is the leslie works , speed etc, but no sound. Also if its low on volume, there is a gain adjustment on the 1147 , just dial it up with a jewlers screwdriver.

Great tips, thanks!

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:29 AM, Aussie_Chicago said:

I'm having this problem currently with the 1147.  Could you help me understand which component is the opamp?

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Nigel Williams said:

Hi. If you don't need this item, I do let me know if you interested in selling the1147

This got sold a lonnnnng time ago, lol.  

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR