Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NBA 2020-2021 Thread

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!

Phoenix Suns finish off LA Clippers in 6, advance to first NBA Finals since 1993

It's been a long time! What a turnaround. The Suns have become the first team in NBA history to make it to the Finals after a ten year drought.

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Suns.jpg

GO SUNS!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Thanks, Eric!

I hope the third time is the charm. They've only been to the Finals twice before, in 1976 and 1993: once every 27-28 years. I may not be around the next time they have this opportunity, so I really hope they succeed this time.

They had formidable opponents their first two trips: the first against a great Celtics team and the second against Michael Jordan and the Bulls. This time it seems that the biggest opponent is the injury plague that swept the league during this playoff season. Phoenix hasn't been immune; but unless another COVID protocol kicks in, it looks like they'll enter the Finals with all of their players on the court. I'm not so sure the same can be said for the Hawks or Bucks.

Best,

Geoff

Congrats, brother Geoff!!!! :wave:

I was actually at the game last night! Clips just did not show up, especially on the defensive side of the court. :hider:

Jae Crowder was great in the first half...and Cheris Paul simply out in a show for the ages. The funny thing is that right before he started really killing it, there were a few fans trying to start a "Chris Paul sucks" chant. He sure shut that down right away. :Python:

As a basketball fan, it was a lot of fun to watch.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Thanks, Dave!

Wow, that sounds like fun. I'm glad you had that experience.

As for the fans, I'm glad Chris Paul shut down that chant; and I'm also glad some of the Clippers fans stuck around to congratulate him. It was touching to watch him hug Billy Crystal, who had a bittersweet look on his face. Paul gave them his full effort while he was their player.

Best,

Geoff

Bucks beat Hawks, head to NBA Finals for 1st time since 1974

And they did it without Giannis Antetokounmpo for the last two games. Congrats to any Bucks fans who might be lurking! :cool:

This makes for an NBA Finals with two hungry franchises: one that hasn't won since 1971 and another that has never won.

The series kicks off in Phoenix at 6:00 pm local time on Tuesday, July 6.

Best,

Geoff

Congrats Geoff, you must be over the moon on this one. I love me some Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton. Have not really follow CP3 much but it would be cool to see him get the chip. It should be a fun series to watch, I'm also a big Kris Middleton fan.

My main thing is the freshness of the finals this time without Lebron and Steph and the other regulars that gets boring to me. Bring on the new teams and Go Suns!

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

Thanks, MrVegas!

As regulars of the NFL threads know, I spent most of my childhood in Arizona; but I spent my favorite part of my childhood living in the countryside just outside of Madison, Wisconsin (which contributes to my being a Packers fan). Middleton is not only the name of a great player, it's also the name of suburb of Madison; so it's hard for me not to be a fan of Khris Middleton.

I agree with your comments about Booker, Ayton, and CP3.

I'll really be disappointed if the Suns don't win, especially as this has been such a rare opportunity for the franchise; but it wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if a Wisconsin team won instead.

Best,

Geoff

Two deserving and likeable teams for sure. Honestly, the people complaining about a Nets-Lakers Finals would've been almost worse than the matchup itself.

I think I'll be pulling for the Suns in the end, held over feelings from the Steve Nash days, plus a lot of respect for CP3.

Paul carries Suns past Giannis, Bucks in NBA Finals opener

Giannis Antetokounmpo played surprisingly well in light of his recent injury. I'm glad he was well enough to play, mostly for his sake but also so that the media will stop questioning whether or not the Suns would have won if the opposing team's best player were on the court.

The Suns played almost a perfect free throw game with 26 straight completions. Jae Crowder missed his last free throw attempt, leaving the final total at 26 of 27.

Phoenix has won Game One of every series this postseason. May they continue to have the same outcome with series! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

I think the Buck's should have waited to bring Giannis back, he wasn't 100% last night and it might have set him back. Great game for the Suns last night

Chris Paul is a man on a mission. He is simply killing it, and elevating the Suns overall game in the process.

I think the Suns were on track to finally make the playoffs again this season before CP3 arrived, but they never would have made it close to this far without him. His playing and influence on the players around him is transcendent.

Best,

Geoff

Halfway there: Suns beat Bucks for 2-0 lead in NBA Finals

Considering that Phoenix has never opened the NBA Finals at 2-0 before, I'd say they're off to a great start!

That said, the Bucks have come back after being down 0-2; and the injury bug is taking its toll on the Suns: Dario Saric suffered a torn ACL in Game One and Torrey Craig injured his knee in tonight's game. While the top Suns players are fine at the moment, it's likely that even more will be demanded from them as their supporting cast dwindles.

Giannis scored 42 points, even as he limped a bit during the game. There's a reason he's a two-time MVP. If Holiday and Middleton can play their best while Antetokounmpo is on the court, Phoenix will have their hands full.

In the meantime, all of the Suns' players are playing well together. They really look like a complete teamâon offense and defense.

Best,

Geoff

As a Suns fan you should be loving Budenholzer. The coach just doesn't know how to manage his matchups and make in game decisions. I see Bucks winning one in Milwaukee but that's about it. If you're a praying man, just hope that CP holds up down the stretch, he's playing lots more minutes in these games than he played in prior years playoff runs with other teams. He could wear out. But even if he's shaky by game 5, I think the Suns could win without him.

Mike Budenholzer is from Holbrook, Arizona and grew up as a Suns fan. Maybe subconsciously he's pulling his punches just a little bit. ;)

As for Chris Paul, he's not as young as he used to be, that's true. I hope he got enough rest before the series began because he needs to draw on it now. Regardless, he's playing like a man possessed, starving for a Finals victory. I like the Suns' odds, and I think the youthful resilience of the rest of the team can make up for the wear and tear on CP3.

Best,

Geoff

Kendrick Perkins called the Bucks "the dumbest team in Finals history" and after he payed contrasting clips of Budenholzer and Monty Williams talking to their teams, well, it was hard to disagree with him. Bud literally said "play random basketball". I'm sorry, what? "Have fun", ok, sure, but "play random"? Seems weird.

Here you go, JazzPiano88:

Official MLB 2021 Thread

I imagine it'll heat up a bit once the NBA Finals are over. At least, I'll be heading over there around that time.

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Dodgers.jpg

GO DODGER BLUE!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Kendrick Perkins called the Bucks "the dumbest team in Finals history" and after he payed contrasting clips of Budenholzer and Monty Williams talking to their teams, well, it was hard to disagree with him. Bud literally said "play random basketball". I'm sorry, what? "Have fun", ok, sure, but "play random"? Seems weird.

That is odd! :freak:

Best,

Geoff

If Holiday and Middleton can play their best while Antetokounmpo is on the court, Phoenix will have their hands full.

...And if Booker has an off-night when that happens, and Ayton gets in foul trouble, then you have tonight's result (120-100).

No excuses, though. My hat's off to Giannis and the Bucks. Great bounce back win at home tonight! :cool:

Bucks blowout: Giannis has 41, Suns' NBA Finals lead now 2-1

Best,

Geoff

Booker had an outstanding night, but foul trouble did him in. CP3 struggled almost as badly tonight as Booker did the other night. Despite that, the Suns had the lead most of the game.

Nonetheless, Middleton lit up the scoreboard at just the right time; and with help from Giannis, the Bucks won the game. Well played, Milwaukee!

Middleton sends Bucks past Suns to tie NBA Finals at 2-2

Hoping that the home team continues to win every game of this series as it goes back to Phoenix.

Best,

Geoff

Man, that was depressing. I don't hold out much hope for the Suns at this point.

Bucks edge Suns 123-119 to take 3-2 lead in NBA Finals

After getting outscored by 16 in the first quarter, the Bucks rallied and then withstood a Suns comeback at the end for the first road win of the series. They're playing lights out right now. Unless Phoenix can sustain the kind of play they showed in the first quarter tonight, Milwaukee will win the series.

Best,

Geoff

Holiday steal to Giannis dunk sure was exciting. Looking forward to game 6. Both teams are gonna bring all they got I imagine.

I've got to admit that it was a spectacular play. I'm sure both teams are giving it their all.

I've been busy with moving and gigs starting up again, but I turned on the last 1:40 of Game 5 on my phone when I saw it was close. Boy, what a finish. I feel for you, Geoff. I'd love to see a Game 7!

Thanks, Eric. I hope all's going smoothly with moving and gigs starting up again.

Also hoping the Suns can even the series with a road win tomorrow night and then finish with a win again at home on Thursday.

Best,

Geoff