Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Ken Hensley

Just read in newspapers that Ken Hensley passed.

I don"t know if Uriah Heep was so popular in US, they was huge in Europe in the 70/80 for their progressive rock.

Ken Hensley was a great singer and keyboard player amongs all the other instruments he mastered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hensley

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to hear. Easy Livin', Stealin', and Look At Yourself were all reasonably well known in the US. A friend from the Ukraine told me Uriah Heep was huge in that realm back in the 70s and 80s. Never really followed up on who was in the band though I quite liked them. The keyboard work is very prominent, but a bit more of a down and dirty rock flavor than a lot of the prog stuff.

-Z-

Used to play "Easy Livin'" and "Sweet Lorraine" with my band in the 70s. Loved Ken's Minimoog on the latter. There was another local band in SoCal that played "Poet's Justice" which I thought was very cool. Demons and Wizards and Magician's Birthday were on my turntable a lot.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact