Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Electro 6 no modwheel and pitchbend

Could a Lab4Music enJOY be a solution?

We badly need a reissue of this killer tool from 1986: Yamaha MCS2. And this guy would be the guy to make one.

MCS3.jpg

Low profile, Real physical pitch and mod wheel, FC inputs and FS inputs, MIDI I/O, USB.

If it had a numeric keypad for program changes? :thu:

I owned two of them at different times to add a breath controller to my rig. The thing you tend to forget is that by modern standards, they're HUGE. I wouldn't even know where to put one in my current rig.

The enJOY is just one of many attempts to put comfortable controllers on systems that don't have them. There's even a modular synth company that makes five or six different ones in Eurorack format to bolt into your case next to your keyboard or touch plates or whatever.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A neat piece of gear but not USB-capable, unless the designers had access to Dr Brown's DeLorean.

I meant if one was made today...

Got it. I'm a little slow these days. That's a pretty big "if" though, if you ask me!

Dexter â I'd definitely try the iPhone app before you replace the keyboard!

The folks at Klevgrand said they'd add a feature to Weeel where it would know what orientation your phone was in so the wheels would be right side up... I had a phone that I had to mount upside down, and Weeel wouldn't flip over for me. They said it was a great idea, but the app hasn't been updated since...

I haven't tried the other app....

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

There are also this one, as can be set up as modulation and pitch ( and a lot more).

Still only with USB connection, and perhaps need to go through some sort of software.

Impressive video at least.

https://www.thomann.de/dk/expressive_e_touch_se.htm

I had one of these. Using it as a pitch and mod wheel is kind of like using a bazooka to kill a mosquito!

The feel is like nothing else out there. It's incredibly tactile-responsive, and the Lié software that lets you set up expressive dimensions covers a lot of ground. It would be awesome to pair with Omnisphere/Keyscape, but it's so very sensitive to the touch and flexible in application that people use it for all kinds of articulation control and the like. YouTube has gazillions of demo videos. I miss mine, and should replace it someday (it got taken away when the review was done).

I don't have an iPhone so the app is not possible for me. The Yamaha thing is too big, and I indeed think the ribbons is a bit unreliable.

So maybe the best option is to get the Touché SE.

I find Nord a bit too much expensive sometimes⦠The nord electro 6 doesn"t even have an expression pedal if I"m correct ? The keybed is not that great.

Wich keyboard around 1400 could do the job well and be a good backup (not to heavy, 13 Kg max, pitchbend and modwheel)... :D

Thank you all for your answers it's great help !

Nord Electro 6D / Prophet Rev2/ Digitakt / Minilogue / Keyscape -

New video :

Wich keyboard around 1400 could do the job well and be a good backup (not to heavy, 13 Kg max, pitchbend and modwheel)... :D
As a controller for a laptop? Kurzweil SP6. Casio PX5s (no expression pedal input, but can work around that for a software rig).

Cheers, Mike.

I don't have an iPhone so the app is not possible for me....

So maybe the best option is to get the Touché SE.

iPhone apps also run on the iPod Touch, which starts at $199 new, or there are plenty of used ones...you could probably use one as old as a 5th gen model which would be in the $50-$100 range. For that matter, you can get used iPhones that would work (the 5 and up, I believe) in that same price range. But you will also need the MIDI connections. Assuming you already have a PC/Mac MIDI-USB interface around, you can use that with Apple's $39 "Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter" (they also have a $29 version but that doesn't allow you to charge at the same time). The Touché SE may be preferable anyway, but the iOS device might also come in handy for other purposes, as well as possibly being a money saver since they're so prevalent used.

I find Nord a bit too much expensive sometimes⦠The nord electro 6 doesn"t even have an expression pedal if I"m correct ?
The Control Pedal on your Electro 6 functions as an expression pedal, it sends MIDI CC 11.

If (as you said before) you're only using it as a weighted action controller with decent piano and Rhodes sounds to use as backup, I'm not sure there's any reason to spend that much money, as opposed to the models I already suggested in post #3041854 (though I didn't mention the Kurzweil SP6 which would be another possibility). Or are you asking for something different here?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)