Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Huey Lewis Interview

I'm sure most by now have heard about Huey Lewis and his hearing loss.

Currently watching the Big Interview with Dan Rather of Huey Lewis and really enjoying it. Goes through some of the history and details, the emotional impact it had on him, and how he's dealt with it and focused on the release of Weather as a way to be positive and move forward, even though it only had 7 songs completed.

If you have Axs check it out, I'm watching it on Sling.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check later to see if it's on PlutoTV (that one' free and has lots of music docs).

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

His loss is something kind of unusual. I forget what the condition was called. It's not like normal hearing loss. He also had bouts of vertigo and at times sudden loss. He had about 80% sudden loss in his right ear something like 20 years ago and has been getting by with his left ear but then had something similar happen with the left. It doesn't effect everything the same. He can hear speech but music and especially bass frequencies really mess it up.

Dan

He has Ménière's disease,

Ménière's disease (MD) is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of feeling like the world is spinning (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and a fullness in the ear. Typically, only one ear is affected initially; however, over time both ears may become involved. Episodes generally last from 20 minutes to a few hours. The time between episodes varies. The hearing loss and ringing in the ears can become constant over time.

The cause of Ménière's disease is unclear but likely involves both genetic and environmental factors.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

His loss is something kind of unusual. I forget what the condition was called. It's not like normal hearing loss. He also had bouts of vertigo and at times sudden loss. He had about 80% sudden loss in his right ear something like 20 years ago and has been getting by with his left ear but then had something similar happen with the left. It doesn't effect everything the same. He can hear speech but music and especially bass frequencies really mess it up.