Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Streaming shows

Like many of us I"ve been doing a show, streaming live on Facebook every Wednesday evening. My piano and voice are running into a Soundcraft Notepad into a Bose S1Pro and the mic on my iPad pics up the sound.

It"s better then many others I"ve heard but I"d like to run out of my mixer into an interface that would connect my audio

directly into the iPad. I would monitor with headphones.

A somewhat knowledgeable friend suggested I look at Focusrite interfaces.

Can anyone shed light on what would work well? Budget would be around $200 max.

Thanks and stay safe!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the Steinberg UR22 mk ii for my laptop rig because it's sturdy, high-quality, relatively inexpensive, and interfaces with iOS as well as Mac and Windows. It's also turned out to be great for livestreaming because you can monitor the input with zero latency.

That said, the Focusrite interfaces are great; we have the Scarlett 2i2 at my office, and while I haven't checked to see if it will work with an iPad, I think everything else I like about the Steinberg holds true. Also comes in red (a divisive gear color around here ;) ).

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.