Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Updating to Catalina! Success story

A lot of the newer apps acknowledge the legacy of PS and have similar shortcuts, commands, and tools. Pixelmator does have batch processing, I just found this.

https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/resources/batch-process-images-with-pixelmator-pro/

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Late to the party, but upgrading from Mojave has been painless for all my audio needs after updating all plugins.

Only problem was Mail crashing constantly when I opened it, which I fixed using this helpful link from appletoolbox (no affiliation; it just helped). Unfortunately, that left me with a couple hundred emails in the "Recovered Messages" folders, but beyond having to clean through those, it's been a pretty painless update.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

• 3 weeks later...

Alas, the Catalina ship has now sailed; we are on to the next round of nightmarish update-related breakages that is Big Sur. (Trivia: it's macOS 11.0, not 10.16. End of an era.)

For what it's worth, while I do own one Mac that theoretically could run Big Sur, I am staying with Mojave on all my current hardware. I figure that by this time next year or in 2022, a lot of the initial hassles in the Rosetta 2 changeover and Universal Binaries (wow, THERE'S a name I never thought I'd hear again!) will have been dealt with, and Apple Silicon will be through its teething pains and running well enough for me to make the jump safely. Odd to think that the computers I have in my studio will be, barring an emergency requiring a replacement, the last Intel computers I'll ever buy.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Found out yesterday that my Macbook Air (2014) will run Big Sur, since the upgrade was offered. It had Mojave when I received it (broken screen, zero cost, I use it in the shop with external monitor just for something that reads Mac formatted disks). Garage Band has an update that requires it.

Not in ANY hurry at all to change. First off, too much paying work that has to be done (updates, software installs, move data on three new computers for a commercial client). Second - it is working now.

I do expect to continue with Intel computers, both Windows and Mint Linux.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I am in the middle of installing a Catalina based external boot drive dedicated to recording. Will start a thread on it when I've got everything up and running.

As always, hoping others will chime in with tips and tricks.

Did a "ground up, scorched earth" install to a naked HDD, I know I can duplicate an existing drive but I want to just not make a clutterbomb in the first place rather than clean one up.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.