Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do artistes make money on merchandising?

If a piece of merchandise cost

$10 to build/assemble and deliver to the point of sale,

and is being sold for $16.00

but the venue takes a 20% commission ($3.20),

the venue has, in reality received 50% of your net/gross profit!

It means that one would be required to have cost:sale ratio of at least 1:1.75 in order to see a healthy profit (40%).

Sure, these venues provide the space, and the staff...but has anyone (here) done this type of sale and crunched the numbers?

NYC Drew

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe last summer, t-shirts for bon jovi, limp donkey dick, and other major acts were selling at $38 bucks a pop. the cost can be under 4 dollars to manufacture. that leaves a bit of room for a profit to be made :)

-d. gauss

you ain't chargin enough. . buy for two cents sell for five cents. or six cents or nine cents or fifteen cents and to the trump-ettes and the woodleys and the jaggers you charge them enough to MAKE THEM SAY OUCH.. .

Your cost is a tenner.. YOW(is there some GOLDE in it?)

then you ONLY makin a bit after costs and feckin venny is yankin the teat pretty muchly.

what do you want ? for them to LOOK or for them to BUY?

a loaded question I know.

If you look at your buyers it's really quite simple to extrapolate thence at what levels of value at which to market your targeted goodes so they'll be well received.

maybe a resourceful renegotiate on TERMS and just charge more for your product..

. heck NOT EVER BODY will have one of the high end thangs so put some hanky pank junk er uh I mean that is uh offer less expensive, more profit friendly items(for you)out too; kerchiefs/stickers for the po' folke..

monied folkes will spend it; so choke em.

po' bo' want sumpin' for hid' lady too 'dough.

ECONOMICS

my seven cents a track werf .

me at night :bor:

me as ray charles :cool:

me teachin my baby frawg to eat on his own :P .

the end that is all..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Originally posted by d gauss:

i believe last summer, t-shirts for bon jovi, limp donkey dick, and other major acts were selling at $38 bucks a pop. the cost can be under 4 dollars to manufacture. that leaves a bit of room for a profit to be made :)

-d. gauss

dg,

I sure hope it cost more than $4 to make. Nothing I've been sourcing has been under $7.50 qty of 1000. None of that sretched out neck stuff -

Is any of the stuff for sale online?

Archived