Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dexibell Combo J7 organs

Mark_OA

Hello,

Anyone care to comment from experience hearing this board about the organ sounds and Leslie sim? I read a lot of hate about the Leslie Sim on faster speeds, but all of those are with old OS versions. I'd like to know if the Leslie sims have been improved since the initial release. I have sources a J7 locally, but it has v3 of the OS installed and they won't let me upgrade it...

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a review I did about the J7 a while back.

link

After the review I contacted the company and sent them my review expressing how disappointing the leslie sim sounded. A few months later they sent me an audio demo (mp3) of the improved leslie they developed. Apparently several complaints about the leslie sim surfaced. The audio they sent me was with Chorus/vibrato off. They sent a 30 second clip switching between slow and fast. The leslie was indeed improved, but still lacking. The Ventilator has the nice overdrive and a great cabinet simulation. The improved leslie of the J7 didnt sound good from a cabinet simulation point of view. In fact I could not hear any cabinet simulation, which was a real bummer. It will still need a Vent. The problem, as noted in my review, is that you cant route the organ to a separate set of outputs for a leslie sim. Further, as also noted in the review, although you can pan voices left and right, the organ would not pan at all and non-organ sounds when panned hard left or hard right about 15% of the sound still came out of the other output, so there is no hard panning, only partial panning. It has potential but still lacked too much on the organ/leslie side in order for me to pull the trigger on a purchase.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I played one when I was at Sam Ash in L.A. about a year ago.

I didn't get into the leslie sim, but I thought the chorus vibrato sounded pretty good. It's somewhat similar to the other Italian organs like the Mojo and Key B.

I didn't care for the price. It was around $2200 plus it was a 6 octave board, which I didn't quite get. I am not seeing too much excitement about it. Best to go with Mojo/ Key B according to your taste.

Archived