Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2019, 2020 MacBook Pro Due For Intel 10nm Upgrades

2019, 2020 MacBook Pro Due For Intel 10nm Upgrades As Computex Nears

Future MacBooks will likely move to Intels upcoming 10-nanometer technology, bringing a big boost in graphics performance and power savings.

While the exact timing is unknown, a 13-inch-class MacBook based on Intels first 10nm processors, codenamed Ice Lake, should arrive in the second half of 2019 or the earlier part of 2020.

That would follow past Apple practices of incorporating Intels newest processor and graphics technology into its MacBook Pros. This should also happen with future versions of the redesigned 2018 MacBook Air.

Well know more about the 10nm Intel processors* later this month when the chipmaker is slated to disclose more details at the Computex trade show...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2019/05/19/2019-2020-macbook-pro-due-for-intel-10nm-upgrades-as-computex-nears/#312c8405b8d8

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem far off that Macs will move to a chip that Apple develops themselves. Intel has often been the holdup for Mac upgrades, and I'm sure Apple is tired of it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

How about a 16 macbook pro with turnable touchscreen?

Untill that time, i will stick to my 2018 mac mini, turned into an all in one with an 18 touchscreen and 2 external drives.. we made a custom box for that... wireless keyboard and touchpad....

Its kind of mainstage in a box..

Yeah, kinda crazy that the MacBooks are NOT touchscreen. I would guess so they're not competing with iPads, but what the heck, a touchscreen on a laptop is the only way I'd fly now that i've seen how great they are.

THAT would be a significant change/upgrade!

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Philosophically Im guessing its because OSX and OSX apps with a touchscreen dont meet Apples standards for a user interface experience. However, Apple has been making it easier for devs to bring iOS apps to OSX, so Id imagine sooner or later a touch screen Mac will arrive. I think itd be great for MainStage. Not so much for editing in Logic.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There is an app named Duet - has an IOS part, and a Mac or PC part that allows using the iPad as a second screen, with touch functionality on the Mac.

I've used it with a PC. When I installed on the MBP (just a little after High Sierra came out), it crashed the OS and I had to reinstall. Probably has been fixed since then, they do have later versions now; but I haven't put it back on yet.

Can also be used with a Mini as the only screen, IIRC. It really functions kind of like a touchpad.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim