Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sweetwater's Gearfest, June 21 & 22

Sharkman

Sweetwater, the huge musical instrument retailer in Fort Wayne, Indiana, has a huge two day event every year called Gearfest. As the Sweetwater website describes it:

"With two days of the hottest new gear, mind-blowing workshops, and performances by some of the best in the business, Sweetwater's GearFest is a music-maker's paradise. Oh, and did we mention thousands of dollars of gear giveaways, camping, and GearFest-exclusive gear deals? And it's all absolutely FREE! So spend the weekend with 15,000 fellow musicians, and register for this year's GearFest, today."

Every year in the past that I have wanted to go to Gearfest, I either had a prior commitment that I couldn't get away from, or I didn't have enough spare cash to go to Gearfest and have a good time. Well, this year, my prior commitment lands on the weekend after, and I should have plenty of spare cash to have a good time, so I am planning on going there. Are any of you planning on going there? If so, let's get together and actually see what we look like, and have a fun weekend.

I rock; therefore, I am.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went for one day a few years ago. They had lots of mark down items and so much to see we barely scratched the surface. Stepson came home with a 5 string base. I was tempted on several 6 string guitars that were priced right but did not pull the trigger. (I have enough for now) Have a good time. Jim

They should fly me in and supply my hotel room as much stuff as I get from them. I have another guitar arriving today. Like I need another Tele. LOL.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived