Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

presonus 10 inch air monitors

pianomike

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the Eris 5, on both side of the stage 2 in my studio, they are not my main monitor (Genelec 8040A...) but for monitoring what you are recording, they are good enough for me....And kind of a second pair of "cheaper" monitor to check a mix done on the Genelec....I have no idea about their monitor though..Same league as the EV first price?
Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

I have had the Presonus AIR12 for almost two years now and it's been a disappointment. I bought it unheard on Sweetwater's advice, and scratched the cabinet on the first or second gig so I couldn't return it.

I bought it for $600 or $700 hoping it would be a step up from the $400 ZLX12, EON610 and Turbosound Milan I had before that.

Honestly, none of those speakers sounded as satisfying as my $180 Behringer B208D.

At some point I may get QSC K10.2 but frankly, if Behringer made the B210D with two 1/4" inputs, I wouldn't bother with anything else.

Maybe if you go up to the $1000 range speakers you'll hear a difference, but in the lower price range you might as well get the Behringer or Alto speakers. Save money and the sound just as good or better.

That's just my $0.02 YMMV etc.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

...Both of those fatigued my ears after a little while, especially the inexpensive ones.

Well there's your problem, dB. You need to get you some EXPENSIVE ears.

~ Bill "BeenHanginWithMarkeyboardTooLong" Costigan

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Archived