Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WavesArt Cinematic EXs library for Korg Kronos

Sam CA

Just installed this library yesterday so I haven't gone through all the presets just yet. Some of the combis are quiet complex so you really have to get to know them. A harp combi can have multiple controllers assigned to various articulations. Then it could also have velocity layers assigned to different types of gliss...etc... and that's just one combi.

I played around with a few combis and recorded a short demo. This is more like a first impression type of experience.

[video:youtube]

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this use the Korg Kronos copy protection that locks it to a single keyboard? I ask because I have two Kronos and refuse to buy anything that I cannot install on both.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's locked to a single keyboard.

• 1 month later...

Here's another WavesArt Cinematic Suite demo for Kronos. The orchestral combo is pretty huge on its own. You can trigger Strings, Winds, Brass, Percussion, Bells and some Harp Gliss using just one combi.

SoundCloud demo:

A YouTube video for the same SoundCloud audio:

[video:youtube]

Does this use the Korg Kronos copy protection that locks it to a single keyboard? I ask because I have two Kronos and refuse to buy anything that I cannot install on both.

The Cinematic Arts stuff is not on the Korg shop. So you would have to negotiate with the author on a 2nd copy. Or maybe he is agreeable for little cost for a copy on a 2nd K, I don't really know.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

The Wavearts site says "We provide a 50% discount for a second Kronos license under the same owner".

That's not exactly the same, but it suggest to me the developer (Antony Sharmman, I believe) would at least be willing to discuss the issue with an individual purchaser.

Archived