Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Some Moogish on the stage (Youtube)

bjosko

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How interesting! - the OP's first video here has a pretty amazing solo for a Hammond...it sounded all "raga" and swirly/phasey. Very cool!

(Now watching it a third time...what is he using to get that effect? It sounds like an LFO or all pitch shifted?)

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

(Now watching it a third time...what is he using to get that effect? It sounds like an LFO or all pitch shifted?)

It's really hard to tell, based on the complexity of his rig, but if I were in his shoes I would get that effect by:

1) ensuring lots overdrive.... overdriving the organ, the moogerfogers (which have drive knobs) and the two leslies ... this makes the sound thick and would ensure that subtle changes in the frequency spectra (in the moogerfooger phaser) are magnified and smoothed in the leslie and the drive stage of the moogerfooger delay which I would place downstream of the phaser.

2) I would use the spread parameter in the MF 103 phaser almost like opening a filter or a wah pedal. However it is a more subtle effect, essentially acting as a bank of bandpass filters. The lfo amount on the phaser would be close to zero, so that the spread parameter is doing most of the work as he twists the knob.

He's done a really fine job of creating his unique B3 voice with that rig. :love::thu:

Arlan explains his rig in the video I posted above (just for this very reason :) )

Jerry is correct about the MoogerFooger Phase Shifter :cool:

:nopity:

Very cool. I understand the traditional phaser sound (Boss PH-1, etc...), but this one sounds like pitch shifting is involved. More dry flange or chorus effect? Almost Uni-Vibe, really!

I have to look at those Moog pedals

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

Archived