Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arp Odyssey FS pricing!?!

RABid

I always wanted an Arp Odyssey and have been thinking about getting the Korg version to put in my "not so vintage" rig. $800 for the smaller Odyssey keyboard with free sequencer. Okay. Not bad. Looked at the price for the full size version. $1500! What? Why such a big price difference? It is not THAT much bigger!

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to Korg pricing. They have a big price jump from the Minilogue to the Prologue 8, too, but its a much nicer build and instrument above just having more voices and full size keys. Probably hitting a different buyer.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Amazona.de just tested a pre-production full-size Behringer Odyssey, and they really, really like it better than the Korg. Except for the plastic buttons on the sequencer.

It comes with Klark-Technik effects and a 64-step sequencer, metal bottom shell, and LED-lit faders, and its supposedly a faithful copy of the original circuitry.

Its 400 incl. VAT.

https://www.amazona.de/test-behringer-odyssey-paraphonic-synthesizer/2/

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Well, the super cluttered Berinhger Minimoog or the SE-1 Roland made me give up on any of the Moog clone but if this one is what more playable/tweak able, it might be the first Berinhger synth that I will buy...
Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Too late for me. I made the jump when the Korg FS came out and haven't regretted it one bit.

Yeah, the price is up there, but the Korg is built to the original specs (with two very minor and very helpful exceptions) and approved by David Friend who built the original.

So, between an original and the Korg, the price won't be that different, but the longevity might be. Between the Korg and the yet future Behringer (or similar reproduction), will the price alone be the deciding factor? If so, was the "Odyssey" what you really wanted in the first place?

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Amazona.de just tested a pre-production full-size Behringer Odyssey, and they really, really like it better than the Korg. Except for the plastic buttons on the sequencer.

It comes with Klark-Technik effects and a 64-step sequencer, metal bottom shell, and LED-lit faders, and its supposedly a faithful copy of the original circuitry.

Its 400 incl. VAT.

https://www.amazona.de/test-behringer-odyssey-paraphonic-synthesizer/2/

OK... now I'm excited. Been waiting for more news on this.

Steve Coscia

Archived