Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with Ravenscroft 275 ios

RandyFF

Hey, took advantage of the recent Ravenscroft 275 sale and tried using it with my iPad. I havent been able to get it to work. If I play the iPad on screen keyboard, I hear the sounds, but it doesnt seem to be receiving any midi input from my Casio MZ-X500. By contrast, all of my other iOS music instruments like Korg module, Neo soul keys, syntronik, etc., work effortlessly. With one of these I do have to choose the midi input as the Korg PlugKey, but thats it.

I have a support ticket in with UVi, and the suggestion so far is to make sure Ive selected the midi in port, Korg PlugKey, and try checking all 16 midi channels, and then they suggested I make a video of the problems of Im having.

I see no reason to go to the extra trouble of making a video, my other ios programs work with no problem, and I made a point of using the exact language that they use with their app to describe the problem, AND, there are no more parameters to adjust, its a super simple app, I cant imagine a video making things any clearer.

The only thing that occurs to me is maybe the iOS is not accommodated by this app. Im using iOS 12.1, which is the latest, so maybe there is some incompatibility

Couple questions,

1. For those of you using it, what iOS version are you using?

2. Do you have ideas about how I can get it to run?

I have a iPad Pro 9.7 inch, with 4GB out of 32GB free, running iOS 12.1. After failing to get R 275 to run, Ive immediately gotten other iOS music apps to run. Same with using the Apple camera connect kit.

Suggestions please!

Thanks,

Randy

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the same issue with IOS 12.1 and Korg Plug Key but with my Novation SL49 MkIi. I think it may be your controller settings.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I had the same issue with IOS 12.1 and Korg Plug Key but with my Novation SL49 MkIi. I think it may be your controller settings.

Just to be clear- you had the same issue with Ravenscroft 275 using iOS 12.1 and Korg PlugKey? You think it may be my controller settings- so you got R 275 working by adjusting your controller settings in the app? Which ones? I set it to use Korg PlugKey, and per UVI support, I selected all 16 MIDI channels. Are there any other settings in the app?

Or do you mean my Casio MZ-X500? Its able to transmit on 3 different MIDI channels. Its just worked with every other iOS program, for something as simple as R 275, which would receive on 1 channel when its not in split mode, I dont know what Id change. Maybe Ill give the Casio forum a go.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I mean that I have a Korg Plug Key and use the same IoS apps that you do - Neo Soul Keys, Syntronik and a bunch of others. I downloaded Ravenscroft IoS and it didn't work immediately for the reasons of not recognizing my controller and the other apps did.

I switched controller to my Roland FA-07 MIDI output and that seemed to work with all of the MIDI channels open in Ravenscroft, I believe. Then I put the Novation back in and tweaked some things - don't remember what exactly, and got it to work on the iPad.

I actually just sold my Novation controller on Saturday and am in the midst of buying something else right now, so I can't go and play with that anymore to give you settings.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I installed iOS 12.1 yesterday.

The Korg PlugKey & Module work just fine with the SL88 and Mojo61.

Ravenscroft iOS doesn't play, although the settings say it's connected, MIDI test signal OK, and it plays from the app's keyboard on the touchscreen.

I'm using an iPhone 6 with no issues up till now, so I'm expecting there will be a fix. Two weeks ago, UVI released an update to fix compatibility issues with iOS 12.

Here for the gear.

Touch the "gear" icon, go into Midi settings, and select to output to the plug key. Solved it for me.

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.

Touch the "gear" icon, go into Midi settings, and select to output to the plug key. Solved it for me.

This was the first thing I tried. Has always worked for Module but not when it's chosen in Ravenscroft.

You have to tap the Gear Icon in Ravenscroft > Options > Midi/Audio. Individual channels are presented with boxes. When more than one MIDI channel is selected (as suggested by UVI?) it solved nothing, so I thought I'd run each one separately. Once I selected them all, and then off one by one, Channel 1 now works.

Here for the gear.

Archived