Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

XK3/Leslie 2101

funkythumbs

I just purchased a xk3. I have it connected to a leslie 2101 with the 11 pin cable. In the manual it says turning on the xk3 will turn on the leslie automatically, but it doesn't. Once I turn on the leslie it doesn't turn off with the organ or the off switch on the leslie. The leslie does not turn off until I disconnect the 11 pin cable. What am I doing wrong?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was supposed to control the Leslie spin speed, ie. chorale, fast, or off. Not electrical on/off to the Leslie..... but I've been wrong before....

Ludwig van Beethoven:  “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”

My Rig: Yamaha MOXF8 (used mostly for acoustic piano voices); Motion Sound KP-612SX & SL-512;  Apple iPad Pro (5th Gen, M1 chip);  Apple MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Max chip).

Send JMcS a PM; I'm certain he has the solution as he owns both. In the meantime change out the CR2032 battery in the 2101. This is typically the culprit. They cost about $3.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/users/29556/JMcS

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

As Dave said, a dead battery in the 2101 is usually the cause. A few months ago mine started not turning on with the organ. I replace the battery but it still didn't turn on. I unplugged/re-plugged the 11 pin cable at both ends and it started working properly. The cables hadn't been disconnected for several years so there might have been some corrosion.

Archived