Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Consensus on table style stands

ksoper

Someone leaned up against the side of my keyboard once, and the stand nearly collapsed.

That has been my fear with mine. The two 'locks' on both side don't actually stop it from folding

I've used a bar running across the underside of the stand, resting on top of the horizontal pieces on each of the leg assemblies, with a couple screws stuck in the bar to wedge the bar in place with the legs at maximum spread (and the bar then tied to the legs with a couple tie wraps). Sorry i don't have a picture, but i hope you can get it from the description.

- Jimbo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use this one at home. It's lightweight, adjustable, setup/teardown is super quick, and when I'm not using it, it hangs on a bracket on the wall. Downside is that it's only single tier.

blue-homz-ironing-boards-4750209-64_1000.jpg

So should I use an OnStage or K&M X-stand to press my shirts and pants?

I use this one at home. It's lightweight, adjustable, setup/teardown is super quick, and when I'm not using it, it hangs on a bracket on the wall. Downside is that it's only single tier.

blue-homz-ironing-boards-4750209-64_1000.jpg

That's an X-stand. :cop:

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

That's an X-stand. :cop:

It has a table top. X-stands don't have a top, just bars.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 1 month later...
I have the Omega and a couple of the 18950s. Unstable? I'd like to know how. Each leg has adjustable feet for when your terrain is not flat. HEAVY duty, and rock solid.

I recently got a K&M 18950 table stand (very hard to find new) and can confirm that it is "the bomb". Solid as a rock and not too heavy.

Archived