Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: your OTHER creative outlets

Dannyalcatraz

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+2 BBQ, Nice work! :cool:

@ Skip, Nice photo shoot! :cool:

It's funny that they make stupid laws based upon the looks of a weapon here in California. The switchblade and the balisong are no more deadly than any other knife, but they scare people when they are flicked open! +1 an illegal knife (felony) will get you in more trouble than a concealed firearm (misdemeanor). :thu:

Take care, Larryz

+2 BBQ, Nice work! :cool:

@ Skip, Nice photo shoot! :cool:

It's funny that they make stupid laws based upon the looks of a weapon here in California. The switchblade and the balisong are no more deadly than any other knife, but they scare people when they are flicked open! +1 an illegal knife (felony) will get you in more trouble than a concealed firearm (misdemeanor). :thu:

Ya, I have a balisong that I bought over the counter in Cebu. So far I still have it but, it`s a cat and mouse game.

A few years ago a guy went crackers and stabbed people in Akihabara, the electronics district in Tokyo. One of the victims had been a student at a school where I taught English. So what does the government do-based on that, they banned double edged knives. Single edges-no problem. Oh darn, well there goes another weekend. I was really planning on cracking up and cutting a bunch of people with both edges. Ya right...

Really fine brushwork BBQ!

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

+1 It is totally senseless Skip...You could have a small dirk or dagger with less than a 4" blade (especially if it's double edged) and that would be a felony violation. If a knife is dull on one side you're good to go. So the knife makers make the dull side very thin, if you catch by drift. Nunchaku and/or Shuriken are felony violations too. There are some exceptions for licensed martial arts school travel. It's just stupid California laws that we have to put up with... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Good answer...or you could say: "yes, my dojo is in Japan and I do martial arts demonstrations at seminars here in the states each year." :cool:

:laugh:

Works for me too!

Anyway, sure beats hiding them up the tuchas! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

You would probably leave a blood trail if you tried to hide a shuriken up the tuchas, and they would catch you at the gate LOL! :cool:

:laugh:

Just blame the bleeding on CROHN'S and nobody would be willing to do a search! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Or, you could say you brought it as a gift for him, because you know what a difficult job he/she/it has.

Yeah it's obviously bull, but no worse than some... :rimshot:

Um...I think the goal would be to hang on to it.

At $50 a pop, that much appreciation would make MY job more difficult.

In America those services are limited in what they handle, especially when it comes to alcohol.

In any case, the guys at JFK and subsequent checkpoints kept their cool and let me through. I`m not sure if that would happen now. Sending some things ahead could be helpful-if the inspectors can keep their cool too.

Archived