Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: IHOb

The joke's on us! The IHOb name change was a ruse! It was all just to call attention to their new burger menu. I thought they'd have to have farts in their heads to just drop such a well-known and recognizable brand like IHOP, and I was right, just like everybody else who thought it was the stupidest marketing idea ever. But it was a fake name change, and once I heard that it gave me a good laugh. And now we all know they have burgers along with breakfast. Nicely done, guys!

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The joke's on us! The IHOb name change was a ruse! It was all just to call attention to their new burger menu. I thought they'd have to have farts in their heads to just drop such a well-known and recognizable brand like IHOP, and I was right, just like everybody else who thought it was the stupidest marketing idea ever. But it was a fake name change, and once I heard that it gave me a good laugh. And now we all know they have burgers along with breakfast. Nicely done, guys!

Here is a nice review (and if you haven't subscribed to ReviewBrah, you are missing and endless stream of weirdness)

[video:youtube]

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

My son likes me to take him to iHop. I think the food is sub-blah but hes the tops so we go. He gets bacon, pancake, hash browns - fare one can get literally at any establishment open at that hour that has plates and flatware. But hey, its cheap and hes the tops - so we will go.

He loves burgers. Loves loves burgers. Burgers and fries are his wheelhouse - his inner chi. So i thought IHOB would be a whole new extension to our iHOP relationship. Given my complete indifference to the OG P brand, i was almost accepting of the absurd rebrand and am now a bit disappointed to learn i was duped (lol).

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Seems to be a LOT of places (in the states) that serves burgers, I would say way too many. There's a lot other foods I don't see on menus anymore. One gets tired of the usual variations of burgers, chicken, and iceberg lettuce salads.

Frankly I don't eat as many burgers as I used to.

I hate going there. Everything is sticky. They just wipe everything with those damp towels and smear the syrup around.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I would love a good old fashion open face roast beef with real mashed potatoes and gravy that is not out of a can. It used to be standard fair at any diner. Now if you can find it is it most likely deli roast beef, instant potatoes, and Heinz gravy. :P

Gotta hit the small town non-chain owner operated diners for that.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I would love a good old fashion open face roast beef with real mashed potatoes and gravy that is not out of a can. It used to be standard fair at any diner. Now if you can find it is it most likely deli roast beef, instant potatoes, and Heinz gravy. :P

Gotta hit the small town non-chain owner operated diners for that.

Very true.

I was traveling and ready for a meal when I spotted a billboard for a small town diner. Their menu boasted that their meals taste like Grandma used to make. Well I had to see how accurate that was, so I ordered ham, mashed potatoes, and corn - and damn if it didn't taste like my Grandma's cooking!!!

When I travel I look for the mom-n-pop restaurants. The chains are the same as back home.

My son likes me to take him to iHop. I think the food is sub-blah but hes the tops so we go. He gets bacon, pancake, hash browns - fare one can get literally at any establishment open at that hour that has plates and flatware.

I don't go much, but I think iHOP's breakfasts (pancakes, omelettes) are better than what you get at the typical diner. I like their cheese blintzes (crepes), too, and they had a nice stuffed french toast. I wouldn't go there for a dinner meat or chicken dish (I've tried them, disappointing), but for the light/breakfast stuff, I always really enjoyed t.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived